PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

ZmZoom6
09-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I have read many methods of removing old wax from cars including isopropyl alcohol/water, paint cleaner polish, etc. I already have used VMG and a carnuba on my car, but I want to switch to a sealant (ExP) under a carnuba (PB Natty's Blue) instead of a glaze. If I use something like Klasse, is it necessary to use a paint cleaner or such before I start sealing/waxing?
-Thanks

BILL
09-16-2006, 07:41 AM
AIO is all i use before any toppings

MCA
09-16-2006, 09:06 AM
AIO...cleans off the old stuff and leaves a nice base for pretty much anything you want.

ScottB
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
AIO...cleans off the old stuff and leaves a nice base for pretty much anything you want.

:iagree:

AIO , alcohol rub, or polishing/paint cleaning are the products of choice when stripping before using a different product (sealant versus wax).

ZmZoom6
09-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks, would I be better off using a spray bottle for the klasse?

ScottB
09-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks, would I be better off using a spray bottle for the klasse?

Klasse SG (silver) yes .... .not needed for AIO>

sparkie
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Klasse SG (silver) yes .... .not needed for AIO>

Never heard of that, tell me more please.Feed back please

ScottB
09-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Never heard of that, tell me more please.Feed back please

Klasse AIO is rather easy to use. Easy on, very forgiving when over used, and quite easy to remove. Klasse SG is however very finicky. I found along time ago that using a small travel size hairspray bottle worked perfectly. One maybe two spritzes per panel was all that was needed.

Also note that if you get to an area when SG is not being easily removed, spray it again, and immediately wipe off. Works great. With this use it is much more important to allow the full 8-12 hours of curing between levels to keep the bulletproof protection and durability Klasse twins are known for.

BILL
09-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Where do you get those travel sprays???

also can you use those sprays with other sealers as UPP and wolfgang????

Brace1
09-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Where do you get those travel sprays???

also can you use those sprays with other sealers as UPP and wolfgang????

I got mine at Wally World, like $2 or $3 for several little spritzer bottles. The best thing is that it helps control the amount applied since it's real easy to see when you've used 1/2 of a 2 oz bottle.

As long as the sealant is very thin liquid (such as KSG), then it should be fine.

BILL
09-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks..........:cheers:

sparkie
09-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks Killer.....