PDA

View Full Version : PC Heavy Duty kit

regal
08-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I ordered the PC heavy duty kit and have a few questions:

1. They sent black instead of grey pads, the description seems the same but I'm not sure they are the same production and can be used in the same applications

2. They sent Pinnacle #4 heavy duty , but now 2 or 3, they sent #1. Can you go straight from 4 to 1. I am cleaning up some clearcoat over spray left by the body shop, mainly behind the mirrors.

thanks in advance.

Dwayne
08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I ordered the PC heavy duty kit and have a few questions:

1. They sent black instead of grey pads, the description seems the same but I'm not sure they are the same production and can be used in the same applications

2. They sent Pinnacle #4 heavy duty , but now 2 or 3, they sent #1. Can you go straight from 4 to 1. I am cleaning up some clearcoat over spray left by the body shop, mainly behind the mirrors.

thanks in advance.

Hi there,

In the Lake Country pad system, grey and black are the same. Some call the finishing pads (charcoal) grey, some call them black.

have you tried use a detailing clay to remove the overspray yet? That would be my first choice.

Since XMT #4 is a heavy duty swirl remover/polishing compound that cuts fast, you use XMT #1 after the application of XMT #4 to restore the clarity and gloss after compounding.

Rsurfer
08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
1. Black and gray are the same pad.
2. Try claying first for the overspray. Remeber least aggressive polish and pad first.

regal
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
clay won't touch this overspray it is heavy urethane,

Since XMT #4 is a heavy duty swirl remover/polishing compound that cuts hard, can you use XMT #1 after the application of XMT #4 to restore the clarity and gloss after compounding, skipping 2 & 3?

Rsurfer
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
If you only have #4, I would use a white pad first and if that doesn't cut it, move up to an orange pad. #4 may leave some miro marring and will need to be finished down. #1 is pretty mild and may or may not work. Try it and see what happens. Or wait and get #2 and #3.