PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys black hole glaze review

Pages : [1] 2

maddenbowler
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
So I got curious today and wanted to know how well this glaze really does work. I went outside and got my parents black excursion. Now swirls are usually a horrible thing, but this time were perfect for this test. I know it needs to be polished but thats not the point of this thread. This glaze can be used when you dont have time for a full correction to boost the paints appearance.

Here is a picture of the swirls before
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/maddenbowler/100_0164.jpg

I applied the product and waited for it to haze over
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/maddenbowler/100_0165.jpg

I buffed it off and here are the after results
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/maddenbowler/100_0168.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/maddenbowler/100_0169.jpg

Yes There are still swirls present but in person it looks tons better where I applied the glaze. This is a great product for just a quick boost on your cars exterior. Where I applied the glaze is deeper and way better looking then where I didnt. As unclestu states the pictures look hazy where I aplied it but that is just in the pictures. In person it looks great.

unclestu
08-13-2009, 02:35 PM
The after pictures looked a bit hazy. Is that the result of the photo quality or did the finish loose some clarity as a result of the product. In any respect I see that it did remove the swirls.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
The after pictures looked a bit hazy. Is that the result of the photo quality or did the finish loose some clarity as a result of the product. In any respect I see that it did remove the swirls.

Cool test there!! Just remember Unclestu it does not remove swirls just fills them if he were to go and wash the vehicle they would all be right back to the way it was....if he wanted to leave it like that than you would apply a sealant or a wax on after the BH :dblthumb2:

maddenbowler
08-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Afterwards where i applied the glaze looked way better then where I didnt. Its not hazy in person so it must be a mix of the flash and my 50 dollar camera

ScottB
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
its a great product and compatible with sealants and waxes alike.

Superdutytd
08-16-2009, 10:23 PM
How long will something like this last covered in a Sealant like KSG?

maddenbowler
08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
It should last as long as the sealant over it does I think. But i would like to know for sure

Superdutytd
08-16-2009, 11:25 PM
It should last as long as the sealant over it does I think. But i would like to know for sure

I've heard that glazes will lessen the sealers lifespan though?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
08-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I've heard that glazes will lessen the sealers lifespan though?

This is true becasue instead of the sealant adhering to the paint it is adhering to a layer of glaze but its not anything to be concerned about its not like it will take away a month or anything

Superdutytd
08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I just wonder though trying to put the sealent over will it smear the glaze?

budman3
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
This is a 'new generation' of glazes ... not the traditional oily based glazes used years ago. This 'glaze' (a new name would rid any bad connotations associated with the word) is more of a sealant in itself ... no oils or anything that will be detrimental to the LSP. I personally don't know anything about the chemicals in this new string of glazes but I do know that they work :).

gwilo
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Last weekend I "PoorBoy'd" my Impreza wash Clayed (not Poorboy) BlackHoled and EX-P car looks great.

Unfortuatly the weather was bad and was unable to Natty's Blue the car.

maddenbowler
08-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah a little over a month ago I put black hole down and then two layers of sealant EX w/ caranuba and it still beads and looks great.

alexjn1
08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Glad to hear the posivie remarks I ordered some last week and it should be here in a few days.

Superdutytd
08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Glad to hear the posivie remarks I ordered some last week and it should be here in a few days.

I just ordered some too, hope it works out good! How much product does it take to cover a car?