PDA

View Full Version : Watermarks

Excessive Detail
09-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Hey guyz, none of you are probably up right now, but I'l post this so it will be ready for tommorrow. I have a question, I told yall I just recently polished the heck out of my car and its damn near perfect, that was last sunday and I just washed tonight, and its been rained on a few times and also got some sun, so of course I got water marks. I had two coats of klasse sg and one coat of pinn ls, I know the pinn ls didn't last that long, but the klasse should have, still there are some water marks, so I was wondering should I polish it off the watermarks with say ssr1 and reapply the klasse or do you guyz think if I used like a polishing pad with a sealant or a wax the watermarks might come out. Also, even with the marks do you think the klasse is still there and if yes then why would watermarks show up. Basically, I figured that klasse was pretty bulletproof and two coats would be enough to prevent that, let me know what you think. thanks.

sparkie
09-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Hey guyz, none of you are probably up right now, but I'l post this so it will be ready for tommorrow. I have a question, I told yall I just recently polished the heck out of my car and its damn near perfect, that was last sunday and I just washed tonight, and its been rained on a few times and also got some sun, so of course I got water marks. I had two coats of klasse sg and one coat of pinn ls, I know the pinn ls didn't last that long, but the klasse should have, still there are some water marks, so I was wondering should I polish it off the watermarks with say ssr1 and reapply the klasse or do you guyz think if I used like a polishing pad with a sealant or a wax the watermarks might come out. Also, even with the marks do you think the klasse is still there and if yes then why would watermarks show up. Basically, I figured that klasse was pretty bulletproof and two coats would be enough to prevent that, let me know what you think. thanks.
Good question, I use Klasse, top with S100 and I think it's pretty much bulletproof to the elements outside. Never had a water spots problem like that, now I do use a QD all the time and after a rain (the wife thinks I'm crazy for that). A lot of car I detail do have water spots, some I can polish out some I can't. Don't know what to tell you. Maybe somebody can help you out with that today.

BILL
09-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Did you let coats of KSG dry completely between??

quote:

so I was wondering should I polish it off the watermarks with say ssr1 and reapply the klasse or do you guyz think if I used like a polishing pad with a sealant or a wax the watermarks might come out

i'd try polishing it out, its fresh watermarks.......

. Also, even with the marks do you think the klasse is still there and if yes then why would watermarks show up

could be not drying thoroughly between coats

. Basically, I figured that klasse was pretty bulletproof and two coats would be enough to prevent that, let me know what you think.

I'd try the easiest first.....polishing it out

GOOD LUCK........

thanks.

ScottB
09-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Have you already washed the surface ?? Most waterspots should be above the LSP and easily washed off. I use a little Poorboys Bug Squash when needing a little extra power in my wash.

Excessive Detail
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Have you already washed the surface ?? Most waterspots should be above the LSP and easily washed off. I use a little Poorboys Bug Squash when needing a little extra power in my wash.

Sorry I'm so late on this, but Saturday I used some dp sealant and a white edge pad at 4 and it got all the watermarks out, I guess klasse really is bulletproof, thanks for all the help guyz.

BlackCoupe
09-19-2006, 07:24 AM

I am guessing that these waterspots were there and you didn't see them due to lighting conditions, in which event you will have to take it back down to the paint, get rid of the marks, and reapply your wax/sealant whatever.

BlackCoupe
09-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Sorry--I responded before reading the whole thread.