PDA

View Full Version : Another 1-2-3 product question.

Pages : [1] 2

AustinAaron
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
So, I'm trying to pick the best 1-2-3 product line. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same product line. I don't mind mixing it up.

Thought about the Prima line, but nobody seems to have any input regarding the products.

Not really looking to go full paint-correction mode just yet. Looking for light-very medium swirl removal, polish, wax.

Thinking of the Souveran Liquid for wax. See it says best for light colored cars, though. I have a white car and a black car needing some help. Wanting something that can take care of both.

Not too sure about the swirl removal product. Nor the polish. Wanting to make some choices pretty quickly due to the 20% discount right now! :xyxthumbs:

Any thoughts?

Edit: Trying to keep each product under $40. Can splurge for the right wax. Fuzion is out of the question right now, though. Unless it's noob, PC friendly, and REALLY worth the cost. Neither car has ever been waxed worth a darn. Both are near new . . . to me.

Emile
08-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Get a Porter Cable if you haven't gotten one yet. Get a few Lake Country Orange 5.5" Pads, and a few Lake Country White 5.5" Pads. Get Poorboy's SSR2 to use with the orange pads, and the Poorboy's SSR1 to use with the white pads. You can apply the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran by hand with a microfiber applicator pad. I can't imagine it not looking good on dark colors. :xyxthumbs:

acc1079
08-13-2009, 08:37 AM
I would highly reccomend Natty's Red for the wax. I have Fuzion, 50/50, collonite 915, dodo white diamond and blue velvet. natty's blue, and blackfire midnight sun. Out of all these my rcommendation still goes to Natty's red, simply for the best bang for the buck. You will not find another wax even close to that price range that compares IMO. And since you will save money on the wax..... you will have more to spend on correction supplies, which is where it REALLY matters. :xyxthumbs:

Jimmie
08-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Here is where I'd invest the initial bucks. (1) Clay bar/lube (2) Klasse AIO to use by hand as a cleaner/polish. (3) Liquid Souveran is good, very good for both light and dark. If you want a boutique paste wax for less cost check out "Max Wax". It's also over-the-top good as is the whole DP line.

AustinAaron
08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Once again . . . 3 responses, 3 different suggestions! LOL! I think AG should have one guy/girl you call and says, "You must by this . . . " I'm really terrible at making decisions. Especially when there are SO many great choices. And because I've never used any product other than OTC.

This is the 4th/5th time I've been recommended to the SSR1/2 line, though. Knew the Souveran looks great on dark colors. Hadn't heard so much about light colored cars. Thanks, Emile!

Several times I've heard great things about Natty's, too. Might have to start leaning that way.

acc1079 - See you mention to save some so that I can afford better "correction supplies". As in? Any suggestions?

Jimmie - Clay bar/lube recs? As of now, I have Pinnacle Clay/Lube in my shopping cart? Good things to say about the whole DP line, huh?

maddenbowler
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I have nattys blue paste wax and love it. It looks great on my grey car and on my brothers black truck. Im wanting to try Nattys red because i heard it was even better. I also have poorboys SSR1 and SSR2.5

Very user friendly and produce great results

maddenbowler
08-13-2009, 01:00 PM
O and I also have poorboys sealant EX. Thats what i currently have on my car and love the shine. Its more durable than wax and produces a great shine. goes on easy and buffs off even easier

Nappers
08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
40 bucks....Hmmmmm

I learned on Meguiar's products and haven't tried the other products sold here on AG, but can't go wrong with :

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound for big correction
Meguiar's SwirlX for swirls
NXT 2.0 as a wax

I'm sure there are other great products, just haven't tried them yet :D

TheDodgeGuy
08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Just to muddy the water I would suggest either Menz or WG with diminishing compounds. This will keep you safe from damaging paint while you are learning paint correction. Rock On :xyxthumbs:

SRHTX
08-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Austin,

Here is one MAJOR thing your should really consider. Buy all of the Meguiars Spray Bottles. This way, you will have plenty of containers to place your liquides, waxes, etc in. THAT will help you big time. I just ordered a full set for myself. If I'm not mistaken, it might be on a VIP. Ask first.

Stephen

ScottB
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Wax -- DP Max Wax or Pinnacle SSII
Sealant -- Four Star UPP or Wolfgang

If your not polishing yet (Menzerna polishes knock out Prima IMO) then consider P21S GEPC or Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion to cleanse paint. Nothing short of a buffer and polishes will remove swirls however.

AustinAaron
08-13-2009, 05:56 PM
EXACTLY why I decided to jump ship on another forum and come over to AG! A solid community willing to offer solid advice.

Menz! Don't know how I forgot that line. 'Course, like Nappers, thought about Megs. Seems they are somewhat foolproof. Correct me if I am wrong.

SRHTX - Definitely picking up those bottles. Went to HD this afternoon to pick up the Folex and some bottles. They had crap for bottles. Least the store around the corner from me did. Thanks for the heads up.

Think you guys have really helped me narrow it down to 3 lines. Menz, Poorboy, DP. Don't know what I have against Megs. Should probably throw that in, as well.

Emile - Picked up 2 5.5 LC orange/white pads. No 4"?

OK . . . so Max Wax or Natty's for wax. Hmmmm. Making that decision tonight. Poorboy or Menz for polishes.

In my Shopping Cart:

PCxp
2 LC 5.5 orange/white
Megs bottles
Cobra WW MF (though I don't know how many of each I would need?)
303 protectant
ONR
Daytona brush vs Krystal Vision
Stoner Glass Trio
PB Trim Restorer
P21S Wheel Gel
Menz metal polish (lots of chrome on the H3)
Poly brushes (prefer boars but they are quite expensive)
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay/Lube
GritGuard Doly System
Clean Vent Kit

I'll decide on wax and polishes. You guys have really helped me narrow that down.

Anyone see anything crucial I should NOT be missing?

Need help deciding on:

High gloss tire gel.
All around leather cleaner. (Have no idea if leather is natural, sealed, etc...)
How many, and what kind, of Cobra towels.

Anything else? I've set aside $500 to blow on everything I need. Plus, I'll be saving on the damn scratch-n-shine. I get the H3 hand-washed once, if not twice a week. Figure I can save some $$$ just doing it myself. Would have before, but I just got a 2-car garage a few months ago. I've been reading since then.

Appreciate it all! :dblthumb2:

AustinAaron
08-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Wait a minute . . .

Several people have told me PC is best for beginners. Plus, it has the brushes for carpets. Would anyone disagree that the PC is best for 1st-time users vs. Flex?

maddenbowler
08-13-2009, 06:45 PM
For leather i use meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner. Its easy to use and pretty cheap.
For long lasting high gloss tire shine either Armor All Gel or Black Magic Gel

And i would also throw in a spray wax for after washes and just a refresher.
DuraGloss Aquawax Is Great for that. If your doing ONR washes You should get a LC sponge, And a few more microfibers besides the Waffle Weave.
Also if you are getting invisible glass then you dont need to get the krystal vision

SRHTX
08-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Wait a minute . . .

Several people have told me PC is best for beginners. Plus, it has the brushes for carpets. Would anyone disagree that the PC is best for 1st-time users vs. Flex?

PRACTICE (PC) makes PERFECT (Flex) :welcome: lol