PDA

View Full Version : Dilution Ratios for PBMA Shampoos?

Emile
08-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey guys,

What are the exact dilution ratios for the PBMA wash shampoos?

I'm asking for:
DP Auto Bath Shampoo
DP Xtreme Foam Formula
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
Pinnacle XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner
Wolfgang Auto Bathe

I'm not sure if I should go by the descriptions given on the website, and for the XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner, there is no oz per gallon ratio given.

Thanks,
Emile

Mike Phillips
08-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi Emile,

I'll get you the dilution ratios today. One of the things I'm working on is updating all the labels and dilution rations is on the to-do list.

:)

m4bama
08-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Mike instead of using a Polish prior to using NXT which would you recomend M20 or Colorx to be used on a like new vehicle, this combo would be used ohh... about three to four times a year.

regards

Mike Phillips
08-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Hey Mike instead of using a Polish prior to using NXT which would you recommend M20 or ColorX to be used on a like new vehicle, this combo would be used ohh... about three to four times a year.

regards

You could use either. M20 doesn't offer as much cleaning ability as ColorX so base your choice upon how much cleaning ability you need. Both are great for maintaining daily drivers exposed to the elements. M20 leaves a very slick surface, wipes off like a breeze and lasts a long time. ColorX is a strong cleaner/wax that can tackle a fairly neglected paint job and still finish out really nice.

Good thing about using a cleaner/wax as your prep product is that if you can't get to the second coat of wax then at least the paint is protected by the first step product.

Mike Phillips
08-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Emile,

I'll get you the dilution ratios today. One of the things I'm working on is updating all the labels and dilution rations is on the to-do list.

Just a note, I probably wont' get to this today as we have a project car in the AG Garage today.

loudog2
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Just a note, I probably wont' get to this today as we have a project car in the AG Garage today.

What car? And what project?

Emile
08-14-2009, 02:14 PM

That's fine I'm in no rush. I appreciate you getting that info for me, Mike.

maxisiri
09-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Hi Mike, Can you get us the dilution ratios Emile asked? In my case I specifically want to know the Pinnacle XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner dilution ratio...Its on BOGO and want to know how much I can get with a bottle of 12 oz. Thanks, Max

Blackfire
09-07-2009, 08:22 AM

:)Thanks! That will be very helpful.

maxisiri
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Emile,

Mike, sorry to bother you again with this Thread...when you have a minute can you get the information requested. Thanks in advance!:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Mike, sorry to bother you again with this Thread...when you have a minute can you get the information requested. Thanks in advance!:dblthumb2:

That project was put on hold indefinitely, basically, follow the directions on the label. Some people like to add extra soap solution because they like lots of suds and as long as you rinse well it shouldn't be a problem.

r0ckstrWS6
10-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey guys,

What are the exact dilution ratios for the PBMA wash shampoos?

I'm asking for:
DP Auto Bath Shampoo
DP Xtreme Foam Formula
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
Pinnacle XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner
Wolfgang Auto Bathe

I'm not sure if I should go by the descriptions given on the website, and for the XMT Gel Shampoo & Conditioner, there is no oz per gallon ratio given.

Thanks,
Emile

dilution ratios I have found, and use. I know these aren't essentially straight from the source but figured I'd share.

DP xtreme- 2-3 oz /5 gal.
wolfgang- 1oz/ 2gal.
pinnacle- 1-2oz/3-4gal.

Mike Phillips
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
dilution ratios I have found, and use. I know these aren't essentially straight from the source but figured I'd share.

DP xtreme- 2-3 oz /5 gal.
wolfgang- 1oz/ 2gal.
pinnacle- 1-2oz/3-4gal.

Thanks for getting these!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Now out to the garage to set up for the Extreme Makeover tongiht!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-autogeek-s-extreme-makeover-class/21100-1970-mgb-extreme-makeover-sign-up-thread.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-autogeek-s-extreme-makeover-class/21100-1970-mgb-extreme-makeover-sign-up-thread.html)

Busy, busy, busy....

:xyxthumbs:

maxisiri
10-15-2009, 04:39 PM
That project was put on hold indefinitely, basically, follow the directions on the label. Some people like to add extra soap solution because they like lots of suds and as long as you rinse well it shouldn't be a problem.

Mike: The thing is that I donīt have the directions on the label and when I decide which product to choose online one of my concerns is how concentrated is the product due to the high rates I have to pay due to shipping rates to my country. I good idea will be to put on the product page a photo of the product showing the directions on the label. For example the first time I bought a Shampoo I seek at internet and found this:

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/DixieCup2wLine.JPG

And based on this I got that product, I tried and tried and I was not able to find the directions on the web and thatīs why I was asking forums help. Thanks in advance!