PDA

View Full Version : Prima Product Line. Likes/Dislikes?

AustinAaron
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Any thoughts? Thinking of trying out the entire line as my first choice. From what I've read, works great with PCxp.

sam_boss260
08-13-2009, 02:35 AM
I have only tried the Slick QD, and love it. Am thinking of getting a large size now.

loco
08-13-2009, 07:52 AM
I have tried Prima Amigo and Prima Slick. I like both a lot. The last time I used Slick on my black car I had some streaking. I think this was due to using a new, too plush an MF towel. Perhaps it soaked up too much of the QD as I was wiping, leaving uneven application. I'll try it again with the towel I used before. I does leave a very "slick" finish.

Amigo works great with a PC. Extremely easy to wipe off by hand. They recommend you leave it on for 30 minutes or so after applying it to let the resins set up. It wipes off with almost no effort at all, also leaving a very slick finish.

What's nice about Amigo is you can then use a sealant over it. It is not supposed to interfere with sealant bonding. Most glazes require a carnauba on top. I used UPGP over Amigo and had no issues with UPGP bonding/curing.

AustinAaron
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks to both.

I've heard good things about Amigo, as well as Swirl. Great to hear more good things about Slick. The more and more I read about this line the more and more I start to lean towards it as my primary purchase.

Wonder why we haven't seen more responses around here? Maybe a product line AG could look into?

Appreciate it guys!

Streetlife
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I love the Prima line. I have the Prima Nourish, Amigo, and the clay lube ( Christmas gift from my wife). I haven't had a chance to use any of them yet, but i know it's a very good product line, i've seen the results. I was told about them by a few pro's when i first started building my arsenal, they were created with DA polishers in mind. :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I still personally find Menzerna and Megs (105/205) the go-to polishes. They are just so darn nice and easy to use too.