PDA

View Full Version : QD & Spray Wax Application/Removal: which Cobra?

MisterShark
08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
At lunchtime I QD'd my car to get rid of some unexpected water spots.
The water spots are now gone, but my cheapo Costco MDs left little fibers all over the place.

Time to get more serious about my choice of MF for applying/removing QD and spray waxes but which Cobra is best-suited for the job and how many should I purchase?

These various Cobra MFs were all listed in the "Application of Spray Waxes & Quick Detailers, Buffing" Recommended Use catagory:

Cobra Deluxe Jr. 600 Towel
Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600 Towel
Cobra Shamrock 750 Towel
Cobra Gold Plush Towel
Cobra Gold Plush XL TowelI'm new to detailing and this is my first new car (black 09' RAV4) so i don't have a 'preference' between various aspects of the above towels, just want the best for what I'm going to use it for.

Thanks ahead of time for the recommendations.

ScottB
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Supremes (grey) are my fav for quick detailing, Shamrocks are nice too as our the purple jrs. No wrong choice just personal preference.

Emile
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
If the car is just washed, I really like 24"x16" waffle weave microfiber towels. They are super absorbent so they are good at buffing the QD into the paint and picking up any excess for a streak-free shine.

hondajake
08-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Grey Surpremes, the best towel for this!

MisterShark
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Supremes (grey) are my fav for quick detailing, Shamrocks are nice too as our the purple jrs. No wrong choice just personal preference.

Grey Surpremes, the best towel for this!

OK, so the majority is with the Supreme 530.

The Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel features double-sided construction, just like our Miracle Towel.
One side of the Supreme Buff is plush and feathery soft. The other side has tighter, shorter loops for cleaning and polishing.

Which side do you guys use to spread your QD with and which side do you wipe-off with?