PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit too agressive?

xxxc5
08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Is the Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit too aggressive for windows and coated polished aluminum wheels? I have this sitting on my shelf and will never use again on my paint ever since I've switched to Wolfgang products. I was thinking of using it on my front windshield which has been difficult cleaning lately. Also, I was going to use on my factory clear coated wheels prior to an application of Poorboy's polish and wheel sealant. Is this safe?

Thanks!

smokin' mark
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I use it on my windows all the time...great results. Never tried it on my wheels.

Emile
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I have used the Smooth Surface Clay Kit on glass and it was fine. I also started to clay with my wheels with it but found it to be too time-consuming...not because of that specific clay, it's just annoying to clay my wheels in general.

Anyways, yeah it was fine on both wheels and glass. The Meg's Smooth Surface Clay Kit is my go-to clay if I ever need clay immediately since it's sold at many retail stores.

GMC83
08-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I use it on glass, chrome etc.

23jam
08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
You will have no problems using it. Heck, I use the mild C 2000 clay on my glass and chrome with no problems.

santov
08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Perfect for windows and glass. I even tried it using Stoners as a lube. Few passes, then wipe with a MF towel and WOW!