PDA

View Full Version : Very Comprehensive Compound Chart

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Meghan
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
All you need to know about all the manufacturers compounds, swirl removers, glazes and cleaners!

Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

ryandamartini
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
awesome. I have been compiling a PDF of all of autogeeks detailing instructions, Ill add this to it.

MoBenzOwner
08-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Meghan - That is absolutely awesome!! Definitely one I will mark...Thanks a bunch

belcherm58
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks Meghan. I printed a copy of this and the pad chart. Your awesome.

TheDodgeGuy
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
:buffing::iagree::whs:

smokin' mark
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Exactly what I needed!

Dwayne
08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
We love to give you guys the tools needed to get the best results possible. :cheers:

smokin' mark
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
We love to give you guys the tools needed to get the best results possible. :cheers:

I've always wondered what the slight differences were between products. Also, when it says for example "heavy compound" exactly what that means. For example, I thought SSR3 was the harshest thing out there. I see that's not the case.

acc1079
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
AWESOME!!!!!

I was just looking for a chart like this I had seen before. THANKS!!!

maxisiri
08-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Excellent chart!!!

Bunky
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Where does Meg's Ultimate Compound fit on the Meg chart? I know they do not give the consumer line ratings.

Mike Phillips
08-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Where does Meg's Ultimate Compound fit on the Meg chart? I know they do not give the consumer line ratings.

For as long as I can remember people are always asking for charts with all the Meguiar's products listed in order of their aggressiveness and Meguiar's has never officially created a list like this because there are just too many variables involved.

That said, I've done my best to list the Pro and Consumer line abrasive products into a general order and have sent it to Meguiar’s for their input. As soon as I hear back from them we'll update the chart.

In the big picture, really it's about what you're working on in your garage and what you already have in your arsenal to tackle the defects you're trying to remove. If a person doesn't know what to use or what to buy then this forum acts a place to get help by posting a question listing what you're working on and what you already have and if you need something different then myself or someone else will be more than willing to make a product recommendation based on the above specifics.

So hang tight and we'll update it as soon as we can. Of the top of my head I remember placing Ultimate Compound as less aggressive than M105. It's hard to just type it's as aggressive as M85 and M84 because they are completely different products both in the type of abrasives used in the formulas and their recommended method of application. This is why it's hard to make an ordered list because it's not comparing apples to apples, it's comparing apples to oranges.

:)

Bunky
08-16-2009, 11:52 AM
My question came about thinking that M105 is a big jump from M205 so using the least aggressive method as possible what would be the next logical jump?

Mike Phillips
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
My question came about thinking that M105 is a big jump from M205 so using the least aggressive method as possible what would be the next logical jump?

With SMAT Technology if you only need or want a little cut then you would only work the M105 till the defects are gone then stop working it, thus afterwards you can go straight to M205.

Bunky
08-17-2009, 07:27 AM
With SMAT Technology if you only need or want a little cut then you would only work the M105 till the defects are gone then stop working it, thus afterwards you can go straight to M205.

Can you dilute it somehow like another polish for lubrication to get the same effect. I have seen people put small beads on one aggressive and another one just for lubrication to add to working time?