PDA

View Full Version : dumb stuff thats happened during detailing

Pages : [1] 2

maddenbowler
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
So I know im not the only one that has had crazy/dumb things happen while cleaning up the car. So tonight my girlfriend came over and wanted her car washed so i went ahead and washed it while she helped. we have a somewhat gravel driveway and for some reason she wanted to walk around barefoot. Well after we are done and I wipe down the car with my almost BRAND new cobra microfiber she asks for it. I give it to her thinking a must of not dryed it all and what do you know. She wipes off the muddy water/ pebbles off her feet with it :eek: guess i just have another interior towel now.

share your stories

redgt03
08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
oh no...is she still your girlfriend today???? Ha ha, just kidding - hopefully you explained to her what she did wrong, :-)

23jam
08-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I think she should buy the next batch of towels. lol

Dwayne
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I would loved to have seen the look on your face and heard the conversation that immediately followed. :p

Meghan
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
So I know im not the only one that has had crazy/dumb things happen while cleaning up the car. So tonight my girlfriend came over and wanted her car washed so i went ahead and washed it while she helped. we have a somewhat gravel driveway and for some reason she wanted to walk around barefoot. Well after we are done and I wipe down the car with my almost BRAND new cobra microfiber she asks for it. I give it to her thinking a must of not dryed it all and what do you know. She wipes off the muddy water/ pebbles off her feet with it :eek: guess i just have another interior towel now.

share your stories

That is funny! I think the thing I hate most is when someone taps into your detailing supplies in the garage and takes them inside for house use. I can never seem to keep glass cleaner around, its always missing and then I find it under the sink. Same thing with leather cleaner....You feel like saying... Get Your Own! :D

CEE DOG
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
That is funny! I think the thing I hate most is when someone taps into your detailing supplies in the garage and takes them inside for house use. I can never seem to keep glass cleaner around, its always missing and then I find it under the sink. Same thing with leather cleaner....You feel like saying... Get Your Own! :D

:iagree:

awheeler3296
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh My Gosh!

A4 1.8tqm
08-04-2009, 12:13 PM
OH NO! :eek:

I would loved to have seen the look on your face and heard the conversation that immediately followed. :p Me too! :iagree:

How about this one. A day or two after a full 3 step correction, seal and wax, a friend of mine just rinsed and dried his car... no soap, no mit, just sheeting method then dry with thin crappy MF's. He added swirls all over. :buffing::buffing:

SRHTX
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM

Uh, may I ask you a question? What color is her hair? LMAO!!!!! :D

maddenbowler
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
How about this one. A day or two after a full 3 step correction, seal and wax, a friend of mine just rinsed and dried his car... no soap, no mit, just sheeting method then dry with thin crappy MF's. He added swirls all over. :buffing::buffing:

Ha. That one is even worse than mine. At least mine was just one towel and not hours worth of my time.

maddenbowler
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Uh, may I ask you a question? What color is her hair? LMAO!!!!! :D

actually she is a brunette---- she just doesnt know anything about car detailing stuff---- I informed her afterwards lol

mbkite
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
gone

belcherm58
08-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Just a towel. lol My x-wife left the keys hanging in the trunk lock of a brand new 1986 Trans Am that was 3 months old with 5000 dollars worth of new installed sound equipment. I woke up the next day and walked out the door to go to work and NO CAR. Found it 4 days later total ripped apart. Insurance fixed it. No money for sound equipment. No that is not why she is an Ex-wife. It was a lot of other majors. That was 1. lol

MDg35
08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
My story isn't as bad as belcherm58's, but its still pretty bad.

When detailing my car 2 weeks ago my girlfriend thought the large garbage bag with nothing but towels in it was a trash bag and threw some steel wool I used to clean her exhaust with in it. She never told me and I washed the MF towels in the washer and nearly #### myself when there was TOOOONS of small metal hairs interwoven in between ALL my MF towels I washed. I had to throw away 15 MF towels because of that mistake. ARGH!!!

SRHTX
08-05-2009, 10:23 AM
My story isn't as bad as belcherm58's, but its still pretty bad.

When detailing my car 2 weeks ago my girlfriend thought the large garbage bag with nothing but towels in it was a trash bag and threw some steel wool I used to clean her exhaust with in it. She never told me and I washed the MF towels in the washer and nearly #### myself when there was TOOOONS of small metal hairs interwoven in between ALL my MF towels I washed. I had to throw away 15 MF towels because of that mistake. ARGH!!!

She owes ya. LOL