PDA

View Full Version : WDGPS3.0 2nd coat

unclestu
08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Feed back pleaseAbout 2 weeks ago I started the exterior detailing of my 2009 Porsche 911 turbo and than the unthinkable happened. My car and I fell victim to my wife and her dreaded honey do list. I was only able to get to the application of the first coat of the wdgps. I planned on doing 2 coats of the wdgps followed by 2 coats of Fuzion. The car has not been driven and has been kept in the garage. My question is will it be ok to just do a quick detail (waterless) or would I need to do a full blown 2 bucket wash? Also should I reapply the Wolfgang Paint Polish enhancer before doing the 2nd coat of wdgps? I am hoping that once I get the 911 fully detailed the awesome reflective quality created by the Fusion effect will distract my wife long enough for me to be able to escape the dreaded honey do list.

macman3130
08-03-2009, 02:04 AM
my vote is a qd will be fine, youll be able to feel the paint and if it needs more, but since it aint moved you should be fine

MoBenzOwner
08-03-2009, 07:39 AM
A waterless wash will be fine. Definitely do not use the PPE.

unclestu
08-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks macman and mobenz for the info. I tend to agree with your opinion and will proceed with a qd. I have two products from Wolfgang one is a quick detail spritz and the other is a deep gloss spritz. Which spritz do you guys recommend that I use before the next coat of wdgps?

SRHTX
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Feed back pleaseAbout 2 weeks ago I started the exterior detailing of my 2009 Porsche 911 turbo and than the unthinkable happened. My car and I fell victim to my wife and her dreaded honey do list. I was only able to get to the application of the first coat of the wdgps. I planned on doing 2 coats of the wdgps followed by 2 coats of Fuzion. The car has not been driven and has been kept in the garage. My question is will it be ok to just do a quick detail (waterless) or would I need to do a full blown 2 bucket wash? Also should I reapply the Wolfgang Paint Polish enhancer before doing the 2nd coat of wdgps? I am hoping that once I get the 911 fully detailed the awesome reflective quality created by the Fusion effect will distract my wife long enough for me to be able to escape the dreaded honey do list.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I had done many things to my car. I placed some sealant on it and left it inside the garage. The next day, a client brought his 4x4 to me and I had it for about three days. After the 4x4 left, I was able to take my car out of the garage and place a coat of Fuzion on it. After I did that, they wind would never die down to where I would be able to place a 2nd coat of the Fuzion on my car. I will have to try a 2nd, maybe a 3rd coat of it this week, if I'm lucky. LOL

Stephen

MoBenzOwner
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks macman and mobenz for the info. I tend to agree with your opinion and will proceed with a qd. I have two products from Wolfgang one is a quick detail spritz and the other is a deep gloss spritz. Which spritz do you guys recommend that I use before the next coat of wdgps?

My advice is to use the detail spritz before applying the second coat of dgps 3.0. This has a bit of cleaning ability and will not hinder bonding. I dont think the deep gloss would hinder bonding either, but it is I understand, a spray sealant with no cleaning ability. This will be good to use after your second coat to keep the 3.0 refreshed going longer.

ScottB
08-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I always rewash if more than a week goes by even in garage and covered. You never know if any sand or dirt blew onto finish until its too late.

SRHTX
08-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I always rewash if more than a week goes by even in garage and covered. You never know if any sand or dirt blew onto finish until its too late.

Well, the wind down here will be 20+ MPH all this week. So much for trying to detail vehicles. ugh I guess I will have to wash my car and park it inside the garage one night this week. I will have to put some Fuzion on it twice over night. Sounds like I will drink a bottel, or two, Monster drinks!! :righton:

Stephen

unclestu
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Killer I was all set to go the qd route before the 2nd coat of wdgps and it probably would have been OK. But with a ride like this the word probably is not good enough. Thanks for being the voice of caution. As anxious as I am to see by black beauty dressed in a fine coat of Fuzion I will error on the side of caution and break out my two buckets and start busting some suds. I guess this would have been a perfect opportunity to use a foam canon but than I wouldn't have the pleasure running my hands over those beautiful black curves as they are being bathed in Wolfgang auto bath. Seeing that I am going to do a complete wash should I reapply the wppe again before the 2nd coat of wdgps?
Thanks again for all of the help and now if someone could just take my wife shopping I might be able to finish this detail before the winter. LOLIm the MAN:buffing:

Rsurfer
08-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Glad you took Killr's advice. Be sure to blow out all the nooks and crannies as sealants don't like moisture. Just give your wife some plastic and send her on her way.

MoBenzOwner
08-04-2009, 07:46 AM
In previous post #1 OP mention qd(waterless) . I assumed he was talking about an ONR bath. My bad.

Laura
08-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Glad you took Killr's advice. Be sure to blow out all the nooks and crannies as sealants don't like moisture. Just give your wife some plastic and send her on her way.

This weekend was my first true detailing attempt (I’ve attached a couple pictures, but it’s hard to tell much). I’m extremely pleased with the results, but I’ve got a question: I live in Alabama where it's always humid. Is that what caused my WDGPS to be streaky? It looked fine in the garage, but when I pulled it out in the sun, I saw it. I was planning to go on with a coat of Fuzion, but now I don't know what to do. If sealants don't like water, how do you compensate for humidity (aside from air conditioning the garage!)?

supercharged
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
This weekend was my first true detailing attempt (I’ve attached a couple pictures, but it’s hard to tell much). I’m extremely pleased with the results, but I’ve got a question: I live in Alabama where it's always humid. Is that what caused my WDGPS to be streaky? It looked fine in the garage, but when I pulled it out in the sun, I saw it. I was planning to go on with a coat of Fuzion, but now I don't know what to do. If sealants don't like water, how do you compensate for humidity (aside from air conditioning the garage!)?
DUDE, you got this new AUDI, I'm so jelous, I have to admit! I absolutely adore this car, gotta love those wheels!!!I get so excited when I see them, I think I need to go test drive one to calm down...

Laura
08-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Don't drive one unless you're ready to write the check. You'll fall in love.