PDA

View Full Version : detailing help

jean kelly
09-14-2006, 03:00 AM
Hi. this is my first post....
What do I use to clean and detail the plastic ,vinyl and rubber engine parts on a Jaguar xj8 2000
Tha:cheers: nks

ScottB
09-14-2006, 06:26 AM
DP Exterior Cleaner is a good choice. I use it diluted on smaller jobs, and full strength on engine. Great APC ....

3Dog
09-14-2006, 10:46 AM
DP Exterior Cleaner is a good choice. I use it diluted on smaller jobs, and full strength on engine. Great APC ....
I love that stuff...I bought gallons of it when they had it for around half price a couple of months ago.

98bmw323is
09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
does it leave everything shiny?

Meghan
09-15-2006, 07:02 AM
does it leave everything shiny?
No it is a cleaner not a dressing.

Reddwarf
09-15-2006, 08:34 AM
For the engine parts I've used Simply Green; however, I'd like to try the DP Exterior cleaner. My guess is that its good stuff.

After cleaning I've used two products on the plastic, rubber, etc of the engine: Mother's Back to Black and Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant.

The Meg's product works well, but I find it messy to use. I'd like to find a better product for this purpose; however, as I said it does get the job done. It looks good and lasts long.

coondog64
09-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Theres seems to be a lot of talk about exterior and interior detailing, but not so much about engine detailing or undercarriage cleaning. These are parts that most likely go untouched a majority of the time.

Anyone know of any good detialing how to threads, sites, etc that go into depth with engine detailing or under carriage cleaning?

Meghan
09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Actually we have a engine detailing section in the works, should have it up on the web in a week or so, I will let you know as soon as that is finished! :awesome:

ScottB
09-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I use three products religiously on the underhood and motor. Klasse AIO on any painted parts. DP Exterior cleaner on any area needing cleaning from oil, dirt, or grime. And 303 Protectant on all rubber lines and plastic coated lines.

supercharged
09-15-2006, 09:46 PM
I use three products religiously on the underhood and motor. Klasse AIO on any painted parts. DP Exterior cleaner on any area needing cleaning from oil, dirt, or grime. And 303 Protectant on all rubber lines and plastic coated lines.
I use the same combo and love the results!

joe.p
09-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Are there any problems with DP cleaner effecting aluminum or fading vinyl trim leaving it grayish white?