PDA

View Full Version : Hamptons Hard Water Help!!

bkazepis
08-01-2009, 10:16 PM
So...Im out in East Hampton...a little dust on the Vette (Black 2008 C-6)...decide to give it a little spray down...sheet the water off...and I dont towel dry the rest.....therein lies the problem...

I come back after going to the beach and BOOM....hard water spots EVERYWHERE....:eek:

I wash the car...dry off...NOTHING...still there....

Looks like the only thing to get the spots off is to hit it with M205....

I've never had any hard water issues at my house in Westchester, guess the water in Long Island is hard....

Anyone have any hard water mark tips?

wytstang
08-01-2009, 10:35 PM
A lot detailers use vinegar and h2o mixed to remove hard water spots on windows. Worth a try and you probably already have at home.

ScottB
08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
vinegar often removes immediate water spotting, polishing would be the next step. And if waterspots etch a surface then wet sanding is often needed.

consider using a leaf blower in the future and quick spritz with detail spray and wipe with Guzzler to assure no spotting. Takes 10 minutes on a Vette.

bkazepis
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
vinegar often removes immediate water spotting, polishing would be the next step. And if waterspots etch a surface then wet sanding is often needed.

consider using a leaf blower in the future and quick spritz with detail spray and wipe with Guzzler to assure no spotting. Takes 10 minutes on a Vette.

Yeah...never again...I should have taken the time...I was in a rush, the wife and kids wanted to get to the beach etc....but man...how much damage just water can cause....:(

Gunslinger
08-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I have well water with lots of minerals in it and it will spot like crazy. I tried an RV water filter in the hose line I bought from Wal Mart for like $18...made a big difference. Maybe it's not as good a filter as the more expensive ones but it did make a difference. I can replace it annually for a long time before approaching the more expensive model expense.

bkazepis
08-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I have well water with lots of minerals in it and it will spot like crazy. I tried an RV water filter in the hose line I bought from Wal Mart for like $18...made a big difference. Maybe it's not as good a filter as the more expensive ones but it did make a difference. I can replace it annually for a long time before approaching the more expensive model expense.

Thankfully I dont wash my car regularly there...but thats a great tip thanks :cheers: