PDA

View Full Version : Product Suggestions

stove937
07-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm about to place yet another order with autogeek, and wanted to try something new. I would like it if you guys would suggest a couple products that i may like to try this time around, products that you guys have enjoyed using. Please try to keep your suggestions below, or close to 50 dollars.
Thanks,
William

agpatel
07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
1z Cockpit, OID, 1z glass polish, DoDO Juice Red mist

Lowprofile
07-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe you could be a bit more specific as there are many different types of products to choose from. If you have not tried Optimum NoRinse that would be my suggestion. I tried it for the first time not too long ago and can't believe I waited so long to try this product. Also, I love the results I get from Pinnacle's Paintwork Cleaning Lotion. Use after you wash and before your LSP. This product is a must have IMO. Just use on half your hood and compare the before and after. Just my .02 cents ;)

tenorplayer23
07-31-2009, 08:03 PM
As the other poster said, Optimum No Rinse Car Wash seems to be a magic "elixer"......good for washing, can dilute for clay lubrication & make up a good QD.....I even hear it cures lumbago! :)

See ya http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

stove937
07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
ONR was in my basket already, i even ordered the gallon. What i plan to do it to wash my car down after i wash it with a water/ONR mix to help with the water spots. We have REALLY hard water in So.Cal. As for the paintwork cleaner, will it strip the DGPS that i keep as a "base"?

Lowprofile
07-31-2009, 08:24 PM
The Paintwork Cleaning Lotion is supposed to clean off old waxes, sealants to get the paint ready for a new wax/sealant. Its a 'pre-cleaner' It is also a mild polish so you would not want to use until you are ready to re-seal. Just one step in the prep work of the paint before sealing. IMO, it is the most impressive product I have used as far as before and after look. Oh, and as far as the hard water problem, I always use distilled water in my wash buckets. I can wash an entire car with two gallons. A gallon of distilled water only costs me .69 a gallon and I don't mind paying that for clean water. Hope that helps. Another product I have really be impressed with is the Surf City glass cleaner.

stove937
07-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, about your distilled water idea, I'm really wary about the whole rinse-less wash idea, i just think that it's risky on my BLACK honda element, as far as swirls etc. I've been trying all sorts of non water-spotting devices out there. Even a water softener leaves a white residue on my car.

jlb85
08-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Drying MF towels, a Leaf Blower, and a infrared thermometer (no-touch lazer type for $50 bucks at sears) since you may be having water issues. I have used Reverse Osmosis water from my kitchen sink (I have a 4 gallon sprayer I keep filled with RO water for spray-downs and for diluting products like APC, Glass Cleaner, etc., and the water is really 0 TDS), and it works good, but if the paint is hot there is no way to be 100%. I use the thermometer to check the paint temp before washing. I like to have it no more than 10 - 15 degrees F hotter than ambient temp, usually like 90. I have a canopy, but even with it sometimes I have to play around with the time of day to wash and polish. I broke a job into 4 days to work around the shade once (it was a big vehicle with a multi-stage polish!).

Other than that, it is hard to recommend a product. I love 1Z Cockpit. APC is probably the most versatile product, a new sealant is always good. What else are you getting or have?

Gary Sword
08-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Collinite 915. Best wax out there for the price and last longer then any other carnauba wax.