PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ

MisterShark
07-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Greetings all.

Just bought a new 09 black RAV4 and wanna keep it looking good, so I Googled up this forum and have already absorbed some useful info.

I'm not an auto detailer by trade but who better to tap for better info than a detailing community, right?

Besides my regular 9-5 I also make custom poker tables and am an absolute stickler for perfection in my work, so being anal-retentive about my new car just comes naturally I guess.

Looking forward to absorbing much more here. Thanks for the great resource that all of you provide with your insightful and informed contributions.

bmw5541
07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi MisterShark,

I am from NJ as well. As I am new to the AG community, I too am interested in how us folks in the northeast should take care of our cars during the harsh winters. I am assuming Optimum No Rince Car Wash would be a nice place to start. :whs:

unclestu
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Greetings all.

Just bought a new 09 black RAV4 and wanna keep it looking good, so I Googled up this forum and have already absorbed some useful info.

I'm not an auto detailer by trade but who better to tap for better info than a detailing community, right?

Besides my regular 9-5 I also make custom poker tables and am an absolute stickler for perfection in my work, so being anal-retentive about my new car just comes naturally I guess.

Looking forward to absorbing much more here. Thanks for the great resource that all of you provide with your insightful and informed contributions.

Hi MisterShark,

I am from NJ as well. As I am new to the AG community, I too am interested in how us folks in the northeast should take care of our cars during the harsh winters. I am assuming Optimum No Rince Car Wash would be a nice place to start. :whs:
:welcome: From unclestu,
As is bmw5541 I am from NJ as well. Just a word of warning this site as well as detailing can become very addictive. If at any time either of you find yourselves compelled to break out your pc or flex and start polishing a strangers car feel free to pm me and I will try and talk you through it. You know the proper pad to use, the correct polish etc etc.
Hey if there are any more jersey guys out there perhaps we can get together and have a detailfest that deals specifically with the type of concerns us juysey guys might have about our cars. You know the polution along the NJ tnpk the acid rain and most importantly I am sure there are plenty of good fellas that would like to learn the proper way to detail the trunks of there Caddy De ville's. My uncle Vinnie is convinced that there still might be blood stains under da mat. What are you gonna do he's old school.
Anyway post some pics:Picture:I am sure everyone would love to see you shine...

belcherm58
07-31-2009, 05:11 PM
I go to a spray off wash and just use the rinse water spray off. The soap at those washes is hard on sealants and waxes. I take a bottle of Poorboys Spray and Wipe and some micorfibers. I spray the car off real good and do the undercarriage. Then I spray my Poorboys on a panel at a time and wipe with the microfiber. The high pressure rinse knocks off a most of the salt.

bmw5541
07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
:welcome: From unclestu,
As is bmw5541 I am from NJ as well. Just a word of warning this site as well as detailing can become very addictive. If at any time either of you find yourselves compelled to break out your pc or flex and start polishing a strangers car feel free to pm me and I will try and talk you through it. You know the proper pad to use, the correct polish etc etc.
Hey if there are any more jersey guys out there perhaps we can get together and have a detailfest that deals specifically with the type of concerns us juysey guys might have about our cars. You know the polution along the NJ tnpk the acid rain and most importantly I am sure there are plenty of good fellas that would like to learn the proper way to detail the trunks of there Caddy De ville's. My uncle Vinnie is convinced that there still might be blood stains under da mat. What are you gonna do he's old school.
Anyway post some pics:Picture:I am sure everyone would love to see you shine...

STu,

ANy advice on how to post the pics. I found them, but I'm not sure how to attach it to a reply.