PDA

View Full Version : Wax/Sealant removal

BlackC5
07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
I just received some DG105 which states it is to be removed with cotton terry cloth. I read somewhere else that microfiber should not be used to remove wax. Would someone please clarify this for me? If cotton terry cloth must be used, would you also suggest where I can get good quality cloth?
Thanks!

O.C.Detailing
07-30-2009, 09:13 AM
...terry cloth will NEVER touch any surface I finish. I ONLY use MF towels and they need to be quality MF towels.

I've had no problems removing wax with my towels. If wax is hard to remove, you're putting it on WAY too thick and just wasting product.

Just never use fabric softeners on your MF towels as they will leave behind residue on a finished surface (I found out the hard way). I also wash them in hot water with a cold water rinse. I dry them on low heat as well.

Contamination is the only thing that would make a MF leave residue behind when removing wax.

BlackC5
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Believe me, I agree with you! i have NEVER used terry cloth and that's why I thought it strange when I read that on the bottle. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

MoBenzOwner
07-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I too prefer microfiber, but have used without problem the 100% high grade cotton as recommended by Sal at Zaino. I would recommend the high grade microfibers as sold here by our forum sponsor Autogeek, but you can't go wrong in my opinion with the new towels sold at zaino as long as you dont mind paying $25 for 3 towels sized 16 x 16.

belcherm58
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I use Microfiber to remove waxes. I cannot even dream of why they put that on their instructions unless that was made up during the days
of polyester wax removal cloths. If using a buffer I use a grey or blue or
red foam pad to remove waxes or sealants.

ryandamartini
07-30-2009, 09:58 AM
you can remove 105 with MF.

Emile
07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Agreed, I only use microfiber for removal. Even for application of DG105, I use a Cobra Microfiber applicator.

ryandamartini
07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I love 105. I might have to put on some 105+AW on the camry soon :D