PDA

View Full Version : Use these in what order?

Lakinui
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Awaiting the arrival of my new toys. First time with my new Flex 3401 and full exterior detail. Here's my plan:

Wash
Clay
KAIO (by hand)
M105 (for some paint correction) (LC orange, then yellow if needed)
PO106FA (LC white)
PO85RD (LC black)
RMG (LC black)
Souveran paste (Apply LC black, remove by hand with good MF)

Working on my 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer, (FN) Toreador Red Metallic over
(BA) Light Prairie Tan Metallic clearcoats.

Is this correct?

unclestu
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Don't forget the IPA wipe down.

Steven C
07-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Never used KAIO but that is sealant I believe.Here's the order I would use

Wash
Clay the cooler you keep the paint the easier it will be your compound work time decreases in direct sun light
105 /yellow then/orange pad you might be better of with wool pad yellow is very harsh on paint be careful
106 /white pad ip wipe down to check progress
85 rd white or black
wash againto get compound out nooks & crannies
KAIO
RMG ? sealant
wait 24 hrs to cure
Sourvan by hand you waste alot wax appling by machine. remove with mf or bonnet over wool pad produce a very good shine. 2 coats

105 & 106 compunds
85 finish polish
KAIO polish & cleaner so using before the compounds doesn't make alot sense you'll be just stripping right off. You may be able togo right from 85 right to your sealant depending on your results. Your are looking @ full day for al your steps plus a couple the next day
lol and shine on

loudog2
07-29-2009, 09:18 PM
No need for KAIO. Start with a white pad with the M105, then orange if needed.

KC-BBQ
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies to my question.
The IPA is a step I had missed and wouldn't have known about. Thanks.
The steps and pads outlined are helpful. KAIO is not a sealant but a paint cleaner. Still confused on when to use it. Do I not use it when doing compounding and polishing, but only when doing a lighter detail?

unclestu
07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the replies to my question.
The IPA is a step I had missed and wouldn't have known about. Thanks.
The steps and pads outlined are helpful. KAIO is not a sealant but a paint cleaner. Still confused on when to use it. Do I not use it when doing compounding and polishing, but only when doing a lighter detail?

Glad to be able to contribute. Looking forward to seeing some :Picture::D

CakeDaddy
07-31-2009, 05:11 AM
Don't forget the IPA wipe down.

The 50/50 alcohol(sp) & distilled water mixture is simple enough, but Im curious to see if there is an actual product that is sold that would serve the same purpose and between which steps do you perform this task. Is it after your final polish or after the the final polish wash and dry or vive versa?

KC-BBQ
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
There is indeed a product sold for wipedown but don't know the name.