PDA

View Full Version : Are my windows messed up??

bukxanger
07-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Everywhere on my windshield and side windows, there are many many clear dots. I was wondering if anybody knew what it was and if i can fix it? My car is only 1 1/2 years old and i used to go to the brushless car washes before i came across online forums.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Well it could be sap....only because you said it was on your side windows too. I have this going on my car as well right now. I use S+W and a MF its comes right off. Try a cleaner on it like S+W if you have it or a kind of polish. I dont think its from the car wash so no worries there. And the front window may be from tiny tiny rock "chips" i use the term lightly because its more like a wear mark. So try the S+W or the Polish and get back to us :cheers:

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh yea do the polish by hand,if your using that, if its just sap it should come right off no need to bust out the machine.

Jammer369
07-29-2009, 11:12 AM
What is S+W? Searched the forum and did not find anything.

Jimmie
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
What is S+W? Searched the forum and did not find anything.

PB "Spray & Wipe", a true waterless wash. If it is sap a bug & tar product will usually do the job too. PB Bug Squash is a good one. At full strength it will remove your LSP. Really tough sap I still reach for Stoner's Tarminator.

ryandamartini
07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
try a good bug and tar remover. clay might also be worth trying

FASTFRED
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
+1 on the Poor Boys products. :cheers:

bukxanger
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM
ok i'll try some kind of strong bug stuff first then try to hand polish it next... hope it comes out... it actually looks like a bunch of glass etching dots

howejt
07-29-2009, 03:20 PM
If this doesn't wipe off, it sounds like you need to polish the glass, as there might be mineral deposits on the glass. I guess they could also be etch marks, as those do happen when cars encounter very hard water, such as what you see from unfiltered sprinkler systems that draw from a well and hit the vehicle in parking lots or your driveway repeatedly.

heatgain
07-29-2009, 04:44 PM
If it is sap, rubbing alcohol will remove it. Let the alcohol soak on the sap for a minute, using a cloth, then wipe clean. Exterior only.

ScottB
07-29-2009, 06:31 PM
If its not pitting from road debris (often found on high mileage highway use) then consider DP's Glass Restorer. It will remove most contamination by hand or by buffer.

O.C.Detailing
07-30-2009, 08:58 AM
If you have sap on your windows, just use glass-cleaner and a razorblade to get it off. No effort at all, just be careful when you get near your rubber and such. Don't go crazy and use light pressure and it'll come right off. If it's water etching (water spots), then use a compound or good polish and machine it off all of your windows. I had to do that with SUPER heavy water spots on my own car. Wouldn't come off any other way.

belcherm58
07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Poorboys Bug Squash is great for sap and many many other uses too.

Lilskeezer
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I had the same issue with a car I just detailed. I used Stoner's Auto Glass cleaner and it did nothing to the spots. I don't believe its sap, but as someone mentioned earlier, similar to hardwater spots. I didn't think to try polishing the windows...surprised since I used polish to succesfully remove similar water marks from the chrome. Let me know if polishing works for you, thanks!