PDA

View Full Version : Flex on its way

Lakinui
07-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Hello! My Flex XC 3401 VRG shipped today and I am eager to use it. I am a novice and will be using this for my own Toreador clearcoat red 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer and a tan 1994 Ford Focus. I selected my own products rather than order a package. Here's what I ordered or already have on hand:

Flat LC 6.5 pads, yellow, orange, white and black
LC Snappy Clean
KAIO
PO106FA
PO85RD
RMG
Souveran paste
Eagle One red wash

I plan on getting M105 for scratches and refining touch-ups on the red Explorer. I also thought I'd try ONR. I've been reading your posts and threads for a couple of months trying to learn as much as possible. I've already used the KAIO and Souveran with success by hand but feel I needed a DA to get my finish where I'd like it. Thanks for all the information you have shared that has allowed me some beginners knowledge. Any comments, tips particular to the products I've ordered or should consider especially for the Toreador red Explorer are appreciated!

ScottB
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
youve got some nice Menzerna polishes already ... you could add SIP to next order or Megs 105 and really have most bases covered.

Steven C
07-28-2009, 06:47 PM
You'll love the Flex awesome machine .I have both 3401 da &603vvb rotary
both are high quality machines . Make sure you oil flex ring under backing plate with some air compressor oil, just letthe oil dip onto the ring in place this keeps the heat down between the baking plate and housing .It will get a little warm when you using it . Also try not to free wheel the polisher it's not good for the gearing. Check your eagle 1 wash make sure it's Ph balanced ohterwise everytime you was the vechile you stipe a little wax off . lol

:buffing:

Lakinui
07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks. I plan on getting M105 and I also appreciate the heads-up on oil for the felt ring. Will do.