PDA

View Full Version : Bonnets-softer side

paradog
09-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok so I was noticing that the bonnets (orange) that I got seem to be not as soft as the indigo. Is it? is there a bonnet made out of the super-plush deluxe MF? Does anyone have a better suggestion to buffing the sealant or wax? ANd no I don't want to do it by hand!!!

Just curious, how many bonnets do you go through for a single coat of wax? Me thinks I applied a bit too thick!

Feed back please

supercharged
09-13-2006, 12:39 AM
2 Microfiber bonets should do an average car, unless you apply it too thick. Remember that two thin coats are better then one thick one.

paradog
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
SO what about these bonnets? Meghan? Killr? anyone?

Meghan
09-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok so I was noticing that the bonnets (orange) that I got seem to be not as soft as the indigo. Is it? is there a bonnet made out of the super-plush deluxe MF? Does anyone have a better suggestion to buffing the sealant or wax? ANd no I don't want to do it by hand!!!

Just curious, how many bonnets do you go through for a single coat of wax? Me thinks I applied a bit too thick!

Feed back please
Indigo Towels and orange bonnets are made up differently, if you look the indigo has a different weave so it will feel different.

"You can see how the structure of the Cobra Indigo is different from other Cobra microfiber towels in this close-up. These dense loops give the towel an uneven texture that is excellent at removing wax."
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/indigo1.jpg

paradog
09-13-2006, 04:48 PM
so what bonnets do you recommend I use? I mean it seems stupid to go through all this work just to cause abrasions when you buff it!

ScottB
09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/mb1010.html
These are what you are discussing ?? They should be plenty soft for wax removal. And at lower speeds should not add any scratches. That said, I still prefer hand removal. And as Meghan offered, the design of the indigos weave not just the soft material is what truly makes polish/wax removal a breeze.

paradog
09-13-2006, 08:46 PM
thank you!