PDA

View Full Version : What comes after the PC7424?

Emile
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi guys,

I've had my PC7424 for a while now and I've been wanting to upgrade to something better. The PC does a nice job correcting, but it just takes too much time and the vibrations give me a headache.

What is the next best way to go? Step up to a Cyclo, a Flex DA, or some kind of rotary from Flex or Makita or something?

The Cyclo is kind of strange with the twin small pads and seems like it would be a bit heavy. The Flex L3403 looks nice because it's light weight and I believe rotary polishers are the smoothest?

Or should I just play it safe and stick with dual action and get a Flex XC4301?

Personally, I'm just looking for speed and smoothness. I can deal with a bit of weight if the other criteria are satisfied.

What are the pros and cons of a Flex dual action polisher vs a Flex rotary?

Thanks,
Emile

smokin' mark
07-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I absolutely love my Cyclo. Almost zero vibration! I have a rotary too but rarely need it.

Emile
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Mark, what do you need for the Cyclo, aside from the unit itself and the pads? Would I also need to purchase a Hook and Look Pad Holder AND the Cyclo Orbital Head Assembly 2-Pack?

Bert31
07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi guys,

I've had my PC7424 for a while now and I've been wanting to upgrade to something better. The PC does a nice job correcting, but it just takes too much time and the vibrations give me a headache.

What is the next best way to go? Step up to a Cyclo, a Flex DA, or some kind of rotary from Flex or Makita or something?

The Cyclo is kind of strange with the twin small pads and seems like it would be a bit heavy. The Flex L3403 looks nice because it's light weight and I believe rotary polishers are the smoothest?

Or should I just play it safe and stick with dual action and get a Flex XC4301?

Personally, I'm just looking for speed and smoothness. I can deal with a bit of weight if the other criteria are satisfied.

What are the pros and cons of a Flex dual action polisher vs a Flex rotary?

Thanks,
Emile

After using my UDM (similar to the PC) I went to the Makita rotary just due to how hard my paint is. If my paint was less insanely hard I would have put more consideration into buying a Flex but my paint is so freaking hard.

ryandamartini
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Depends on how many cars you do I would say. The rotary has a bit of a learning curve, but I think when I got mine, it was well worth the money.

The speed it removes defects is worth it alone. Rotary and white pad is my best friend now.

O.C.Detailing
07-28-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm with Ryandamartini on this one. My PC is nice, but it takes WAYYYY too long to correct paint and my hands get numb from the vibrations after a few hours. My next machine will be a rotary from here, probably the Flex rotary that's on sale for $119.00 or however much it's on sale for. lol If you're used to your PC, then I would try to graduate to a rotary for the time, effort and hassle you'll save yourself with it.

wagonproject
07-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Makita rotary! Love both of mine!

ScottB
07-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Both the new XP and Griots machines are upgrades to the original PC. Moving to the Flex is likely the best opportunity to date in random orbitals however.

Buddy
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Makita rotary! Love both of mine!

lol...I love both of mine too...:D

smokin' mark
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Mark, what do you need for the Cyclo, aside from the unit itself and the pads? Would I also need to purchase a Hook and Look Pad Holder AND the Cyclo Orbital Head Assembly 2-Pack?

I upgraded mine to use the Edge system...no loops or any of that crap. Just plug and play :)

SRHTX
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Both the new XP and Griots machines are upgrades to the original PC. Moving to the Flex is likely the best opportunity to date in random orbitals however.

:whs: I love my new Flex. I now only use the PC when a client wants the seats/carpets cleaned.

Stephen