PDA

View Full Version : It is your entire all fault.

Pages : [1] 2

smooth72
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a Makita orbital polisher, been working great for over 15 years, I have Porter Cable that has worked great for years. I also have various air tool polishers, such as Chicago Pneumatics 3” polisher, on and on. But I keep on reading how great this “Flex” thing is. So last night much to my wife’s disbelief, I order the Flex XC 3401, the Flex grip Side Handle and a set of Lake Country Kompressor pads, plus since as already ordering, some Poorboy’s Wheel sealant to compare to DP’s. I hope you all are happy.:buffing::cheers:

TheDodgeGuy
07-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Lol, hope you enjoy the misery like the rest of us:D

ryandamartini
07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a Makita orbital polisher, been working great for over 15 years, I have Porter Cable that has worked great for years. I also have various air tool polishers, such as Chicago Pneumatics 3” polisher, on and on. But I keep on reading how great this “Flex” thing is. So last night much to my wife’s disbelief, I order the Flex XC 3401, the Flex grip Side Handle and a set of Lake Country Kompressor pads, plus since as already ordering, some Poorboy’s Wheel sealant to compare to DP’s. I hope you all are happy.:buffing::cheers:

You will enjoy the FLEX for sure. Also remember the FLEX is powerful enough to use wool pads for severe problems as well. What polishes do you have?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM

Haha the bug has bitten again :D :righton::buffing:

smooth72
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
You will enjoy the FLEX for sure. Also remember the FLEX is powerful enough to use wool pads for severe problems as well. What polishes do you have?
I have been using the 3m compounds, 3m Finesse, Meguiars DA polishes, Glazes and swirl remover and toped off with Zanio products.

ryandamartini
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I have been using the 3m compounds, 3m Finesse, Meguiars DA polishes, Glazes and swirl remover and toped off with Zanio products.

Now with the FLEX, beware of the Menzerna bug.

SRHTX
07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Now with the FLEX, beware of the Menzerna bug.

Excuse me Ryan? LOL :cheers:

VISITOR
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
So last night much to my wife’s disbelief, I order the Flex XC 3401, the Flex grip Side Handle and a set of Lake Country Kompressor pads, plus since as already ordering, some Poorboy’s Wheel sealant to compare to DP’s. I hope you all are happy.:buffing::cheers:

it was nice knowing you... :D

you just added another high quality tool to your arsenal, one can never have enough of them...

ScottB
07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
it will be rather interesting to see how happy you are using the Flex. You might prefer it to rotary ... gasp , did I just say that !

smooth72
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
you just added another high quality tool to your arsenal, one can never have enough of them...

I have a slight tool addiction.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/smooth72/tools.jpg

TheDodgeGuy
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Ahhhh...the right tool for the right job. A man can never have too many tools.

Steven C
07-28-2009, 07:10 PM
How's the ocd judt kidding tools look great very noce set up. Flex will not disppiont you . I have 3401 & 603 rotary plus dewalt 849 I use for metal polishing & 2" air polisher for tight spots I sold my pc after I used the Flex on my first car had the about 3yrs your are going from Mustang to a Porshe. Read up thread about the flex you need oil the felt ring w/air tool oil then replace backing plate it keeps the heat down between backing plate housing. Shine on :righton:

smooth72
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
your are going from Mustang to a Porshe. :righton:

I prefer from a Mustang to a Vette. :D :buffing:

Steven C
07-28-2009, 08:11 PM
You let me know what comparsion you want use once you get it. Plenty of power with very little vibration& alot less noise. I don't have side handle let me konw if you like it . I've got the front mount is very comfortable. Make sure on vertical panels you have a good grip with force rotation it pulls a bit like a rotary. lol :righton:

smooth72
07-28-2009, 08:41 PM
About how often should you lube the felt?