PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for all about write ups.

Garry Dean
07-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I do plenty of write ups and some are longer than others. Some of my write ups have fewer pictures than others.

My question to you is:

Do you prefer long picture filled write ups or short, but informative and to the point?

Thanks!

Matt
07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I prefer it to have pictures.

It's good for it to be informative and for you to explain how you found the product, i.e. easy to use, smooth, hard to wipe off etc etc, but I think that words describing how the product performs its finished duty can be interpreted many ways, where a picture shows exactly what you mean.

I also enjoy looking at the pictures LOL!

02nissanISR
07-27-2009, 09:11 PM
:whs:

A4 1.8tqm
07-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Prefer Lots of info with just the best pics (no repeat pics at slightly different angles etc.)

Garry Dean
08-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Its funny how I got different answers on all 4 forums I posted this question on.

I like pictures too.

SRHTX
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Its funny how I got different answers on all 4 forums I posted this question on.

I like pictures too.

I'm SURE that AG will be the must fun and informative auto detailing website out there. We are always looking to see pictures of everyones work and information on what they did.

My $.02 :cheers:

Stephen

CEE DOG
08-01-2009, 08:35 AM
It depends on how it is written and If I am entertained or educated by the write up. Usually if it is too long or doesn't hold my interest then I am out. The best of both worlds is to have a straight to the point summary and then a longer version. If you do that then I recommend you either place the "summary" at the top or mention that there is a summary at the bottom.

:righton:

CEE DOG
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Prefer Lots of info with just the best pics (no repeat pics at slightly different angles etc.)
Definite agreement on the pic qty./angle. If there are similar pics it makes me stop looking at the pics altogether sometimes. After seeing 5 similar I don't waste my time expecting something new. I still scroll through if that is an option but I will only glance once I see similar pics.