PDA

View Full Version : Megs #26

P1et
09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Has anyone used this before? And if so, what are your thoughts? What other products does it compare to or replace?

I'd like to try it on our Explorer, how does it compare to the Natty's Blue I have?

carnut00
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
If you have nattys blue you more than likely wont see an appreciable difference at all IMO.

supercharged
09-13-2006, 12:30 AM
I recommend that you stay with Natty's blue. It's the best wax $16 can buy. Easy on/off and results are amazing!

joe.p
09-13-2006, 12:55 AM
I recommend that you stay with Natty's blue. It's the best wax $16 can buy. Easy on/off and results are amazing!
It'es easy on easy off only when you apply a very thin layer..Whan doing so the results are friggin outstanding then when finished hit with S&G,QS,FK! 425 for an added depth and pop.

supercharged
09-13-2006, 02:43 AM
It'es easy on easy off only when you apply a very thin layer..Whan doing so the results are friggin outstanding then when finished hit with S&G,QS,FK! 425 for an added depth and pop.
All waxes should be applied very thin, otherwise you will have hard time removing them. Especially when applied to hot surface.

P1et
09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the input fellas, I'll stick with the Natty's Blue then. And I hear you about the thin layering: first time I tried it I think I got too excited: It was a right pain getting it off the hood!!!

joe.p
09-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the input fellas, I'll stick with the Natty's Blue then. And I hear you about the thin layering: first time I tried it I think I got too excited: It was a right pain getting it off the hood!!!
This is true,you wouldn't realize how many people apply NB to heavy and may discourage others from giving it a try..

99 hardtop
09-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Has anyone used this before? And if so, what are your thoughts? What other products does it compare to or replace?

I'd like to try it on our Explorer, how does it compare to the Natty's Blue I have?

I have used Meg's #26 for years and very pleased with results. Prep is the most important. Very easy to apply but use a thin coat. I usually use Meg's #7 glaze first to add depth to the paint. Durability is good. just my $.02 have fun.Im the MAN :cheers:

35th Super Sport
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I havent experimented with many other brands but I do use a lot of #26 paste... it is a phenominal product and I use it often on customers cars and my own as well. I think its a great product and deffinately worth giving a try if you havent yet. :)

ScottB
09-13-2006, 06:20 PM
While I am not a huge fan of Nattys Blue (its nice but no Pinnacle, or Max Wax) I was not however anamoured with #26 at all. Lots of better choices including several competitors. #16 was their best carnauba attempt to date.

supercharged
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I have used Meg's #26 for years and very pleased with results. Prep is the most important. Very easy to apply but use a thin coat. I usually use Meg's #7 glaze first to add depth to the paint. Durability is good. just my $.02 have fun.Im the MAN :cheers:
Are you using liquid or paste?

99 hardtop
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Are you using liquid or paste?

Have used both and prefer the paste. :awesome: :cheers: