PDA

View Full Version : fixing major screwup??? Please help!!

pricha00
07-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Went to help a neighbour by removing some minor scratching along the full side of his Tacoma pickup. Well working on the small area between the wheel arch flares and the fender my pad grabbed the rubber trim that resides along the body line and transferred a good hunk of rubber to the plastic flare and I can't seem to remove it. Have tried a mild reducer and some bug/tar remover. Not a dent in it. I don't want to harm the finish underneath. Is there an OTC product that may help me? Could I try clay?

Thanks, Pat.

Brace1
07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
I would try clay first, before polishing...

Matt
07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
:Picture:
I think I can imagine what you are talking about.
I guess that seeing as it's attached to the plastic you'd have to be more careful about what chemicals you use to remove it as the plastic would be easier to damage through a chemical reaction.

Good luck on this, if I think of anything that may help safely I'll be sure to let you know.

jdrumstik
07-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Someone crashed their tire into my car and I got it out with the white tub red label Turtle Wax Rubbing compound followed by some miled polish and then some sealant wax can't tell the diff. But I suggest being very careful.

Also, Goo Gone? Just an idea - Always get it in the metal can cause the other stuff sucks usually.

Derrick
07-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Try WD 40 and see if that works. If it does, wash it immediately afterwards.

Derrick