PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Steamer?

SRHTX
07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know what you use to Hot Water Extract carpets in peoples vehicles? I have a bissel steam cleaner. It works OK but, it does not get everything and it takes a good amount of time to clean the carpets and/or cloth seats. I just do not wish to pay $500+ to buy something unless there really is not anything out there.

Feed back please

Stephen

loudog2
07-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Some people on here use the Bissel little green, and Bissel auto carpet cleaner with great results.

SRHTX
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Some people on here use the Bissel little green, and Bissel auto carpet cleaner with great results.

Well, it just takes over 30 minutes to do one area inside a vehicle. I have to do several different things to get the job done right.

loudog2
07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm saving up for the Aztec extractor. I guess if you want something better you have to pay up.

Chris27182
07-24-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm saving up for the Aztec extractor. I guess if you want something better you have to pay up.

:whs: I love mine :) Unless you plan on getting an aztec I think you have the best thing you can get

ryandamartini
07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I use the PC scrub brushes and assorted cleaners and shopvac to extract. Not the most elegant solution, but I can clean up an interrior pretty well!

Unless ya shell out, the bissell is probably your best bet.

SRHTX
07-24-2009, 04:57 PM
I use the PC scrub brushes and assorted cleaners and shopvac to extract. Not the most elegant solution, but I can clean up an interrior pretty well!

Dag Nabit. Thanks for saying that. I forgot that I have a white, green and black brush for my PC. I will put them on the PC with this evening.

Thanks Bud!!

:cheers:

img
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Little Green ProHeat Auto--love it

ryandamartini
07-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Dag Nabit. Thanks for saying that. I forgot that I have a white, green and black brush for my PC. I will put them on the PC with this evening.

Thanks Bud!!

:cheers:

Np man! I like using oxy clean to spot treat and woolite or a dilution of your choice of good apc. Scrub it up at 4-6 and vacuum away.

Here is some results on a van I did once. It was horrible scary... The PC cleans it up nice.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/ryandamartini/Odyssey055Large.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/ryandamartini/Odyssey054Large.jpg

renegademobiledetailing
07-24-2009, 08:38 PM
I use the Mytee Lite 8070. I love that machine, It does a great job and heats the water up very hot. I would never do carpets without that again, that combined with those brushing heads are an amazing combination.

The only down side is the price tag on the Mytee. But i guess its like everything in life. You get what you pay for. I decided to bite the bullet and go with it and am glad that i did.

SpotlessDetail
09-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I one up that! I have the same machine and love it. I read on here that woolite is terrible for auto use. It is meant to be heavily rinsed out with gallons and gallons of water and you will always end up with a soap residue on the carpet. Not cool. I use purple power dilluted 50-50 on carpet and about 10-1 on vinyl, plastic, and leather. Picked up some oxy clean today to try out. It worked well but nothing to brag about.

SouthernStyles
09-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I need a extractor bad it takes me some time do clean carpet too but my methods working good so far its just time consuming!