PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Interior Protectant

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Time for a new poll, there has been a lot of talk lately about interior products.
Time to let everyone know what you use inside for a Protectant and why.

MCA
09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
For dressing, I use 303 Aerospace protectant. Has great UV protection and a little goes a long way. I prefer a matte to low-satin look so I always follow application with a another towel to tone down the shine (not really shiny to begin with). My maintenance product of choice is Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer - I just wish that it had appreciable UV protection...otherwise this would be it.

Edit: I do not have leather seats so I have no experience with the leather products.

99 hardtop
09-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Time for a new poll, there has been a lot of talk lately about interior products.
Time to let everyone know what you use inside for a Protectant and why.

Have used a number of products over the years. Used 303 Aerospace protectant good product. Lately, I have been useing a product form liqui tech called LVR protectant and very pleased with the results. It has a sunscreen that protects, lanolin based, non oily, water repellant and anti static. contains no silicones. just my $.02 Im the MAN :cheers:

Reddwarf
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I like the PB natural Look and Meg's Quick interior. Both perform well with a non shiney look.

snomon1017
09-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Gotta say, it is very close between Pinnacle and 303. I do go back and forth. Pinnacle has a great fragrance and seems to just edge out 303 in terms of protection. Seems to attract dust a little less as well. Costwise, 303 goes farther. So, I've settled with Pinnacle on the more visable surfaces (dash, etc) and 303 in less obvious areas, including rubber moldings around doors, trunk, etc. I also use 303 under the hood.

darksparkz
09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I use 303 Aerospace, it's a great product. Seems like it provides great UV protection and everything. I may try the Pinnacle one as well.

emaxxman
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Why no Armor All on the list? :-)

I'm currently using Hyper Dressing but I'me looking for a new one (since Meg's is saying that it has minimal UV protection.)

I'm considering Lexol, Meg's #40, or my first choice...303.

belcherm58
09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I had to vote for the DP as it was the only one those listed that I have used.
I bought a couple of bottles when they were on sale because the new
formula was coming out. I actually received one bottle of the new and one
of the old. I just happened to open the old one first. I really like it for the
low matte shine and did not attract dust like the other protectants I was
using. The shiny stuff caused a lot of glare in sunny situations. I then opened
the second bottle and got a nice suprise of a hint of banana scent. I ordered
another bottle of the new DP formula on that alone.
I want to try Poorboys and the 303. Might be awhile because of the stock
I already have.

ScottB
09-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Megs Quik Interior Cleaner .... no gloss, no mess. Just original clean.

supercharged
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Voted for 303. It lasts the longest. I spray it on and wipe it right off, that way I get that very close to natural look.

Mr. Clean
09-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I've used and still have around:

1Z Cockpit Premium
1Z Tiefenpfleger
303 Aerospace Protectant
American Shine Super Shine
Meguiar's #40
Meguiar's Natural Shine
PB's Natural Look

The product I reach for most often....PB's NL :D I like the inclusion of the biocide component.

The rest are fine performers, and I try to make it a point to grab one of them so that don't just gather dust in my cart, but NL is hard to beat.

sparkie
09-13-2006, 07:47 AM
I like 303 the best, it lasted the longest. Also, than Megs #40 and VRT.

bluzman
09-13-2006, 08:33 AM
I really like the Megs#40. Its not very glossy or greasy. The 303 is a great product, but its a little pricey. I have a bottle but when I use it up Im just going to stick with #40.

SVTContour
09-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Mothers Protectant- Has great new car matte finish, is long lasting, isn't pricey, and a little goes a very long way.

MikeyC
09-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Let's see out of the list of choices I've used . . .

303 Aerospace Protectant
Vinylex
DP Interior Surface Protectant
Mother's
Megs #40
Poorboy's Natural Look

In the past I've also tried . . .

Armor All
Megs Interior Quick Detailer

There are probably a few others I've tried and forgotten about as well.

I can say with 100% certainty that the DP Interior Surface Protectant is my favorite. The DP IMO is a cut above the rest. In my car it leaves a very, very similar look to the Megs QID which many, many people like, but it has significantly more UV protection. In my experience, the DP leaves a much more matte look than other products like 303 and PB NL which people site for their matte look. The look the DP product leaves is extremely close to the "new" look of Megs QID. Plus, it leaves the surface much less greasy/oily than any other protectant I've used which also results in less dust accumulation. This is a great feature for me in particular as I drive a convertible and usually after a day of top down driving my dashboard is covered in dust.