PDA

View Full Version : Rate Calculator

tWiStEd-tORqUe
07-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Suggestion ,,,

As you all know ,, AG has allot of Loyal Intertanional Customers ,

So i was thinking instead of the Customer "Checks Out" and waiting for a Shipping Quote by email , Autogeek can integrate a Shipping rate System in the "Check out" screen .

also the Customer Can Choose the shipping method (Express, Standard ...etc)

the Benefit of this is that the Customer Can Easily Decide if he wants to go ahead with the order or keeps shopping for more products ,or remove some of the products from the cart,

also this will help speed up the shopping process and makes it easier, and reduce that chances of of the email being "junked" by the E.mail service

just a thought

Meghan
07-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Problem with that is we have to figure out the weight of your package to get a quote for you, and most importantly depending on what you order we have to make the decision on whether we are going to ship it in one box or two. Some items do not travel well in boxes together and get damaged in transit overseas. So our international department looks at each order and decides its best method of shipment based on the items in the order, you can't train a computer to do that! :D I know it adds a day to your order waiting on a quote but if we ship your order and its damaged it adds at least a week to your order to have it reshipped.

tWiStEd-tORqUe
07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
i Don't know how it works , but DI Gives you two methods of shipping with different rates when you select international shipping @ the time of the Checkout , they use USPS services