PDA

View Full Version : MF towels getting linty...?

Mydnyghte
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
A few of my towels, even some of my newer ones, are beginning to leave small, individual threads behind. I say lint, but its more like the towels are shedding, and with my car being black, it is super noticeable. To me anyhow. I've been washing them with Tide, no softener, no dryer sheets, what could the issue be? Would some of that MF rejuvenator detergent help?

ScottB
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I have been hearing this more as towels get thicker and softer, even the new Zaino towels are often challenged on this assessment. I can only tell you that I personally have been able to control linting with the use of a dedicated MF soap, and using the dryer balls. Certainly not scientific ....

driverman1
07-22-2009, 07:04 PM
My cobra shamerocks are doing the same thing. Only soap I have every used is the micro restore that I order with the towels. I have only wased them four or five times

loudog2
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
The shaggier the towel, the more likely you are to get lint. Even with bath towels. You need to wash them 5-6 times before excessive linting stops.

A4 1.8tqm
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I had only one MF do this too me so far. I assumed it was lint from other fabrics that got into the fibers. It went straight to the "Misc. use" drawer.

It was only used twice... you saying that washing a linting MF a few more times will help? I'll be pissed if my Shamrocks do it.

Blackfire
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I have some Arctic Whites that I used exclusively for buffing. After about 10 uses, they are leaving lint behind. The linting comes from broken fibers on the extra plush towels, which comes from being used.

jdrumstik
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
So then the plush towels can contaminate all the others? Seems like the plush need to be seperated and dedicated to some less glamourous uses.

I always wash all the crappy MFs seperatley from the good ones. I have several old Target Vroom MFs that shed like crazy so they never get washed with my cobras

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I must be weird I have only seen this happen on a very tight nap towel lol hmmm whats up with that

loudog2
07-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I must be weird I have only seen this happen on a very tight nap towel lol hmmm whats up with that
I have it with every towel, from blue indigo's to cobra jr's to pakshak ultraplush. So your not weird. Some towels are just worse than others. I think every towel gives off some lint.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I think the only time that i have noticed it was on glass. While i was trying to get it clean they kinda glisten in the sun like little evil crystals haha

loudog2
07-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Yea, I notice it on my windows the most also.

Mydnyghte
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I suppose I will try washing them a few times and see if that helps decrease the fibers left behind. Just got back from a car show, took Best 05-07Im the MAN, but was still irritated that I could not remove the lint from the car.