PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The No Spam Filter!!!

precisionautosalon
07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
You guys need to fix this thing, I typed in the right answer all 10 times when I was trying to search for something and it never let me go through. This is ridiculous!

Lasthope05
07-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Its only for the new members and the members who dont post. Most of us don't have that problem. Its a way to keep out the trolls and spammers.

howejt
07-21-2009, 06:34 AM
I run a large web forum and have found there is no compelling reason to use such anti-spam tactics on the public search pages. Especially when combined with a rather long 30-second search waiting period as this forum is configured, which makes the potential risk from misuse quite low.

Now, if the reason is to annoy and frustrate occasional users into registering, then I can see why it is enabled.

Jason
07-21-2009, 08:53 AM
the no spam filter will disappear if you are a registered member and you are logged in. The main reason is to keep out automated systems from using valuable server resources and overloading the server. I am opened to any suggestions to make this an easier process.

Mister B
07-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I don't feel that the spam question is a problem. Like was said, once you are logged in it will disappear.

I have a question though. Once you are logged in, why the long 30 second wait period between searches? That is really frustrating, especially when I spell something incorrectly and I immediately correct it and have to wait 30 seconds to try and search again.

Admin
07-21-2009, 09:12 AM
How does 10 sec sound?

Mister B
07-21-2009, 09:20 AM
That will work.

Thanks! :D