PDA

View Full Version : Polish remover....

YankeeFan
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
What is the general consensus on what you use to remove polish both to see your work and then afterwards when complete? Are you using IA or high-temp, Prep All, Menzerna Top Inspection, etc.? Just curious of a cost effective way to do this but also one that works so the sealant bonds well.

Howard

Rsurfer
07-20-2009, 04:26 PM
IPA would be the most cost effective. You can cut it 50/50 or use it straight out of the bottle.

ScottB
07-20-2009, 04:48 PM
All are nice choices .. I typically grab Menzernas Finishing Spray when possible.

nrengle
07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I wash the car after a polish? This way it gets all the dust and any residue in the cracks that I missed.

AudiTTman
07-20-2009, 07:40 PM
^^^see i have always wanted to do that, but for some reason, no matter the process i go about washing, i still get holograms in the paint if i were to wash after polish. So for that reason, i just stick with the Top Inspection after polish

YankeeFan
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Interesting comment as I got some holograms too, I thought it was just bad technique on my part but maybe it was from washing.

Howard

loudog2
07-20-2009, 08:49 PM
IPA wipedown, then if all is well, rewash every time..

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-20-2009, 09:22 PM
^^^see i have always wanted to do that, but for some reason, no matter the process i go about washing, i still get holograms in the paint if i were to wash after polish. So for that reason, i just stick with the Top Inspection after polish

Interesting comment as I got some holograms too, I thought it was just bad technique on my part but maybe it was from washing.

Howard

If you both have holograms after the wash then they were not removed during the polishing process. Washing will not induce holograms.

Rsurfer
07-20-2009, 09:38 PM
If you both have holograms after the wash then they were not removed during the polishing process. Washing will not induce holograms.Right again, maybe swrils and marring, but not holograms.