PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Jeff's Werkstat?

Emile
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Anybody use any of their products? The Prime lineup is supposed to be the new version of Klasse AIO, and the Jett lineup is supposed to be the new version of Klasse SG. Are these two products any good? Do they work on chrome, glass, and plastic like the Klasse Twins? Are they actually easier to apply and buff off?

The pricing seems very reasonable, I don't understand why this stuff isn't more popular if it is as good as it's supposed to be.

Thanks,
Emile

wytstang
07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I use PRIME STRONG for cleaning paint. Gets my white paint nice and clean. Thats the only product from them I have used.

Brandon1
07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
It was REALLY popular about a year or two ago. I used Prime Strong, Acrylic Jett and Carnauba Jett. I liked all of them, but Prime and AJ are the stars. CJ is a little hard to apply and looks are so so.

Get some, let us know what you think. I liked it, and would buy it again if not for all the friggin waxes/sealants I already have.

beavslu01
07-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I just got some Prime, Acrylic Glos, Acrylic Jett and Acrylic Jett Trigger and i found them to work really good. I have never heard anyone talk about their wash or QD. Only thing i noticed is that when AJ and AJT are applied, it will disappear kind of like poli-seal, and when you go to wipe off you need to spray a little of the AG other wise it is hard to wipe off dry. I have heard that Prime is good for windows and that AJT is a really good sealant for wheels. I also heard that it is up there with Collinite 845 when it comes to durability.

ScottB
07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
The sealant line, designed by Carlack, is not bad but just as finicky as Klasse IMO. I liked the Prime Strong. I never found the carnauba line all that attractive.

Emile
07-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the posts, I will have to try some of their shizzle. I am mainly interested in the Prime line as I am a big fan of AIO's, my current favorites being Poli-Seal and Zaino Z-AIO.

I will have to order some Prime or Prime: Acrylic and some Acrylic Jett: Trigger. I have been reading here and there that the original Acrylic Jett can be difficult to buff off on thick spots.

Brandon1
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
It seems like something AG should carry?

Dsoto87
07-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Go with prime strong. It has more acrylic than the regular prime and even has slight correcting abilities where as prime is more of just a chemical cleaner/light sealant.

I used ajt a few times, its easy to apply but I think there are better/easier to apply sealants out there. That's not to say it was hard to apply, it was pretty damn easy (spray on, buff off) but even easier than that is wipe on walk away (UPGP).

Killr you must have used the regular AJ because AJT isn't finicky at all.

Emile
07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Dsoto, have you used Prime:Strong? I don't mind paying the extra $4 or whatever, but if I want to apply it with my PC7424 and a white polishing pad, I don't want to spend a few minutes polishing in each 2x2 section. I don't have that time now that I have returned the G35 Coupe; I want to just work it into one panel at a time for just a bit and then move onto the next panel.

Dsoto87
07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Yes I've used prime strong. You don't have to work it in unless you want correction. If you just worked it real quick over a panel, it may correct soft paints, but mostly it will chemically clean it up. At the same time though, the sealant it leaves behind will be more durable than that of the regular prime.

ScottB
07-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Killr you must have used the regular AJ because AJT isn't finicky at all.

It was the original sealant version, not the newer Trigger version. I do believe I have a bottle of the newer version laying around, just never got to it. :D

nitro78
07-21-2009, 07:56 PM
i just ordered prime and prime strong and i actually like prime strong more. after working the product it is much easier to remove that the standard prime.

Emile
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
I e-mailed the company and they said that the standard Prime is the easiest to buff off, and the Prime: Acrylic is the best looking and the most durable.

I should have just pulled the trigger and ordered the stuff earlier in the week as I'm planning on stripping my existing protection and starting over, this coming week-end. I've lost count on how many coats of Natty's Red my Subaru is rocking at this point.

I've been wanting to give my Blue Velvet a nice long-term test with multiple coats. Perhaps I'll order some Prime and give it to my Dad since he loves the Klasse Twins so much...let him try it on his boat and see how he likes it.

02CAMSS
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
CJT is not too bad but I will not be buying it anymore.
AJT is pretty good stuff and I really like it.