PDA

View Full Version : Decisions Decisions Decisions

Pages : [1] 2

papa francisco
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Gotta Noob here. Getting ready to buy a PC. There are so many kits of pads and such. In y'alls opinion which kit should I start with? I've got some water spots that I want to remove. One kit has an orange & gray pad along with the white pc pad. Should this be enough? I hate to buy something I know I won't use. Thanks

Reddwarf
09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
A few months ago I purchased the PC Poorboy's kit and have been happy with it. If I were buying today, I would have a tough time choosing between the Poorboy's kit and the XMT kit.

abrcrombe
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I recommend the Edge 2000 pad kit. Get this if you already have products.
http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html

If you don't have products get either the Poorboys kit or XMT kit, both user friendly and the results are great!!

http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaswrek.html

http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit.html

Juztang
09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
In my personal opinion, you can't go wrong with the Poorboys kit. I've always gotten excellent results with their products.

papa francisco
09-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I've been using Meguairs products. How about the pads themselves?

P1et
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with everyone here on the Poorboys kit. I did my research and did the math: dollar for dollar, the kits makes sense!!!

It's an excellent product and I got fantastic results!!! All you need to add to it is the EX-P and you're good to go!

Excessive Detail
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Edge pad kit and polish with ssr 2.5 and/or ssr1,sealant: PB ex-p, dp new sealant, klasse sg, or wolfgang, your choice, dp might be the best for the money, and last if you want to put some carnuba on top try pb nattys or dp max wax, also very good for the price. You can't go wrong with any of these products, and the edge pads are lick ass, its like having two pads in one, and the kits cheap and you get a lot of stuff with it.

ScottB
09-12-2006, 05:41 AM
The Poorboys kit is the number one kit sold on the corvetteforum, why, because it offers everything you need except for car soap. It also works extremely well together from start to finish.

The only other kit I would personally consider, would be the Clearkote Machine Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/clkitformaap.html) and the buffer/pads kit (http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html)together. Great combo also ....

FloridaNative
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Edge pad kit and polish with ssr 2.5 and/or ssr1,sealant: PB ex-p, dp new sealant, klasse sg, or wolfgang, your choice, dp might be the best for the money, and last if you want to put some carnuba on top try pb nattys or dp max wax, also very good for the price. You can't go wrong with any of these products, and the edge pads are lick ass, its like having two pads in one, and the kits cheap and you get a lot of stuff with it.

:iagree: with everything Excessive Detail said, well except for the licking ass part! EWWWWWWWWW:p LOL

The Edge pads are awesome. They are reversible so you can just flip and keep going when you're working. Poorboy's kit is awesome too! But I think I even like the XMT polishes even better than the Poorboy's (don't flame me guys!), but dollar for dollar the Poorboy's kit is a great way to start. They give you pretty much everything except the car wash.

Reddwarf
09-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Florida Native, I may have to sue you. I had a cup of coffee in my hand and when I read your "licking" response I laughed so hard I spilled coffee on myself!

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh.

FloridaNative
09-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Florida Native, I may have to sue you. I had a cup of coffee in my hand and when I read your "licking" response I laughed so hard I spilled coffee on myself!

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh.

LOL It wasn't me who said it it was Excessive detail! lol I read that and was like... what the? lol Glad you had a good laugh, sorry about the coffee. Kids' n pets will take those stains right out! :p

Excessive Detail
09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
:iagree: with everything Excessive Detail said, well except for the licking ass part! EWWWWWWWWW:p LOL

The Edge pads are awesome. They are reversible so you can just flip and keep going when you're working. Poorboy's kit is awesome too! But I think I even like the XMT polishes even better than the Poorboy's (don't flame me guys!), but dollar for dollar the Poorboy's kit is a great way to start. They give you pretty much everything except the car wash.

Damn, thats funny, I think I'm just gonna go hide somewhere, I can't believe I messed that up, the k key is close to L key and its late and I was tired, sorry.:p

FloridaNative
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Damn, thats funny, I think I'm just gonna go hide somewhere, I can't believe I messed that up, the k key is close to L key and its late and I was tired, sorry.:p

Don't be sorry!! :grouphug: You gave everybody a great laugh! I too was laughing so hard my daughter came over and asked me what was so funny! Thanks for making us smile and laugh! MUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

joe.p
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh. (2nd deg burns at the least) You may want to go directly to the ER then call your Attorney from there >>>>>>>>>>> J/K :p

belcherm58
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I would have to vote for the Poorboys kit. I did not buy mine in a kit.
I bought the PC alone and the Lake Country 6.5" pads and the Poorboys
SSR1 and SSR2.5 seperately. I love the Poorboys polishes and sealants and
waxes. So you cannot go wrong.