PDA

View Full Version : Best shine with Ultima for a Red car?

CEE DOG
07-20-2009, 08:30 AM
All right guys, I FINALLY finished the hard part of my system for paint protectant after about... Believe it or not 16 hours including cleanup. (5:30a to 9:30p) Anyway let me get to the important question. I washed, clayed, polished and sealed with the Ultima system (except for the clay)
Thats UPPP and UPGP. That was the first coat of UPGP. I plan to add another coat tonight and one more tommorrow.
Here are my questions:
1.-Should I QD the UPGP and buff before the second coat of UPGP or will it be fine?
2.-Is there something that would look amazing on a RED car between coats of UPGP?
3.-Suggestions?

Thanks a bunch

Pats300zx
07-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Here are some answers based on my experiences with Ultima.

1.-Should I QD the UPGP and buff before the second coat of UPGP or will it be fine?

You don't have to but if the car has light dust it wouldn't hurt. I find that 3 coats of Ultima is when it really starts looking it's best.
2.-Is there something that would look amazing on a RED car between coats of UPGP?
I know several people who have used something like Danase Wet Glaze or Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze. Both are acrylic glazes so you won't have any bonding issues.
3. Suggestions:
Put on 3 coats and admire the shine :)

CEE DOG
07-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Thank you, I had read the DWG stuff as well but was looking for a bunch of opinions. I guess I'll follow your suggestion and skip the DWG.

Should I be sure to check for any slight streaks and buff off before applying the next coat or does it matter?

Rsurfer
07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
The QD should remove any streaks before the next coat. You need to let cure for 12 hrs. between coats of UPGP. BTW is your car garaged?

CEE DOG
07-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Thank you!
Yes, garaged

tenorplayer23
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Wew, 16 hrs. You've got stamina. Good thing isn't not a full size Chevy!!

Great job!

See ya. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

ScottB
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
pics please ...

nitro78
07-21-2009, 07:59 PM
:whs:
pics please ...:whs:

ryandamartini
07-21-2009, 08:48 PM
pics!

CEE DOG
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Pictures are coming soon! When I got home tonight I used my Ultima QD to spray and lightly buff the car. I am really feeling great about all the effort now as I could see the beauty coming out. Really great feeling! I didn't think I was going to be impressed after all that work but that second coat really starts to make the difference. After the QD spray I added the 3rd coat of UPGP! Tommorrow night when I get home I will give it its final buffing and take some pictures as long as the sun is out. If not I will take the pics thursday night or Friday morning since I have Friday off. Thanks to everybody who helped! I've decided for now I am not going to do the DWG or Souveran I had been considering. I am so happy with the look as is. Now I just have to decide weather I should finish up with the Duragloss Aquawax spray or the Ultima. I think I am so happy with the Ultima that I should stick with them on the final spray as well. Will do a little more research before tommorrow nights final wipedown!:cheers::cheers::cheers: