PDA

View Full Version : instant detailr between sealant coats?

korny351
07-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Big time newbie. Just finished the 1st application of Klasse AIO topped with Klasse sealant. Planning to put a top coat of sealant later. Since the truck is outdoors there will be an accumulation of dust, etc. that will need to be removed before the 2nd coat. Can I use an instant detailer (Meg's Quick Detailer) to celan the surface or is it better to rewash. Any problems with bonding , etc?

Rsurfer
07-19-2009, 04:27 PM
If it's really light dust, QDing is ok, but since it's outside I would recommend that you wash before applying 2nd coat.

CAR-GEEK
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Always wash before a second coat. That way your not "DRAGGING" around that one tiny little piece of sand making all those nice little swirlys!

ScottB
07-19-2009, 05:59 PM
If it's really light dust, QDing is ok, but since it's outside I would recommend that you wash before applying 2nd coat.

:iagree::cheers:

Dsoto87
07-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Get some ONR, its perfect for these situations. Its faster than a traditional wash but more safe than a QD

unclestu
07-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I am new and I see a lot of reference to one. What is one? I am in the same situation. I just fully cleaned, clayed applied Wolfgang paint polish enhancer and did an IPA wipe and am planning to apply wdgps to my escalade in the a.m. The car is in my driveway and I would hate to have to do another complete two bucket wash if I don't have to. Can I buy onr locally or is it a high end detailing product that is not readily available otc?

Rsurfer
07-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I am new and I see a lot of reference to one. What is one? I am in the same situation. I just fully cleaned, clayed applied Wolfgang paint polish enhancer and did an IPA wipe and am planning to apply wdgps to my escalade in the a.m. The car is in my driveway and I would hate to have to do another complete two bucket wash if I don't have to. Can I buy onr locally or is it a high end detailing product that is not readily available otc?ONR=Optimum No Rinse No it's not available OTC. AG has it by qt. or gallon.

unclestu
07-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks, I will order some

Blackfire
07-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I have a question.

Why an IPA wipe-down between the WG Enhancer and Sealant?
Won't the IPA remove any filling done by the Enhancer? Since the Enhancer and Sealant are 100% compatible, is there anything accomplished by the IPA besides some arm exercise?

Just curious. I'm learning a lot, but I'm also learning to avoid a lot of advice that's based on preference, not product label.

Enjoy the shine! My Mazda is looking awesome!

ScottB
07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
IPA wipe down isnt necessary, but often suggested to make a pristine finish available for sealant. In this case they are compatible and can be used one after the other as desired.

unclestu
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a question.

Why an IPA wipe-down between the WG Enhancer and Sealant?
Won't the IPA remove any filling done by the Enhancer? Since the Enhancer and Sealant are 100% compatible, is there anything accomplished by the IPA besides some arm exercise?

Just curious. I'm learning a lot, but I'm also learning to avoid a lot of advice that's based on preference, not product label.

Enjoy the shine! My Mazda is looking awesome!

Wow thanks for pointing that out. I am a newbee and I misread a post to a question on a different thread. In that thread it advised using an IPA wipe down after polishing with 85rd. I didn't used the 85rd as the car was, fortunately, free of swirls. This raises another issue.
Should I reapply the Wolfgang paint polish enhancer in order to assure that the IPA wipe down didn't remove any of the filling done by the first application of the enhancer?
Thank again, Unclestu