PDA

View Full Version : Raggtop Fabric Protectant Distance of application

CEE DOG
07-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I have my step by step set up for this but have one last thing to work out/verify.

One of the steps from the manufacturer says: Spray Fabric Protectant lightly using gentle sweeping motion 18 to 24 inches from fabric.
Other places I have seen 7 to 9" 7 but don't saturate the top.... because of aerosol etc....
Normally I follow manuf. but 7 to 9 seems more sensible here.
From experience what do you guys say.
Info would be helpfull asap as I am doing everything tommorow and will be getting up very early.
Thanks in advance,

ScottB
07-19-2009, 08:10 AM
I would suggest tailoring your spray to actually meet the item being covered and yet not enough that it appears to overspray or puddle. In general the smaller numbers do seem more feasible.

PaintPolisher
07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I use blue painters tape and newspaper going around the roof to avoid any over spray and clean up is quick. Remove the tape and paper - you are done.

Meghan
07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
I would suggest tailoring your spray to actually meet the item being covered and yet not enough that it appears to overspray or puddle. In general the smaller numbers do seem more feasible.

I use blue painters tape and newspaper going around the roof to avoid any over spray and clean up is quick. Remove the tape and paper - you are done.
:iagree: