PDA

View Full Version : Car drying w/Compressed Air?

tenorplayer23
07-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Say, re: using compressed air in the garage for drying purposes.

First does anybody use it (good/bad practically??) as well as, a line filter?

Also, are there any better "compressed air wands or nozzles" for drying other than what you typically get with a compressor kit? This would be a great attachment to have. I'm pretty sure I have enough tank capacity.

Plus, I've got a Toro electric leaf blower in stock, "so I've got that going for me.......which is nice"! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/wink5.gif Just would rather use a hose from the compressor!!

Thx.

See ya. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

ryandamartini
07-17-2009, 11:22 PM
The tornador is pretty awesome for cleaning carpet and interior.. We use one and the thing just does a FANTASTIC job on the interiors.

Gary Sword
07-18-2009, 05:13 AM
I use to use compressed air but a leaf blower works better.

Finemess
07-18-2009, 07:33 AM
I have a three foot wand, its works OK but the leaf blower works really well.

awheeler3296
07-18-2009, 07:40 AM
I have had great results with my backpack leaf blower.

loudog2
07-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I use compressed air cans when I don't feel like pulling out the air compressor.

AeroCleanse
07-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I've only used compressed air when drying the engine.

nrengle
07-18-2009, 01:47 PM
I believe someone brought up before that using a compressor even with a inline filter can sometimes still let some oil through...

ScottB
07-18-2009, 03:59 PM
I find my 40.00 Black/Decker Leafhawg still is the product to beat. That said, I would love a Metro Blower/Vac. I have a small compressor and to date have never used on car, just dont see the need personally.

InTheBuff
07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Say, re: using compressed air in the garage for drying purposes.

First does anybody use it (good/bad practically??) as well as, a line filter?

You would really need to make sure the air is dry to the point that it is free of moisture. You could easily put rusty water back on the car. Most certainly it would be accidental, but you could find it upsetting. And with a lubricated compressor, you could even put some lube oil on it. If you choose to go this route, you need to make sure you have good filtration and good drying of the air. Best wishes.

Rsurfer
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
I believe someone brought up before that using a compressor even with a inline filter can sometimes still let some oil through...+1 use your electric leaf blower.

Emile
07-18-2009, 06:27 PM
My dad does this to dry off his motorcycles after washing. It looks like he just uses a regular air hose which is hooked up to his electric air compressor.

tenorplayer23
07-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree, that's why I was asking about a line filter. Volume is key w/a compressor and if there was a particular nozzle out there (assuming enough volume available) to broaden/difuse the discharge, it might be pretty good.

Seems like such a nice way to do it "in the garage". The comopressor is there, the hose just rolls out, no swinging around the Toro.....w/the leaf blower, have to really do that outside because of the space. And, I would love to have one of those Master Blasters on the wall.........it's the same form factor as thre compressor, just w/leaf blower volume and warmed air.

But, the Toro million MPH blower is in stock (that sucker is truly powerful, originally procurred from The Home Depot for "deck sweeping")..............."so, I've go that going for me......which is nice!!"http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Thx.

See ya. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

You would really need to make sure the air is dry to the point that it is free of moisture. You could easily put rusty water back on the car. Most certainly it would be accidental, but you could find it upsetting. And with a lubricated compressor, you could even put some lube oil on it. If you choose to go this route, you need to make sure you have good filtration and good drying of the air. Best wishes.