PDA

View Full Version : P21S Total Auto Wash vs. Griot's Rubber Cleaner

TheJazzGuy
07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
What would be a better choice for cleaning my tires: P21S Total Auto Wash or Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner? I'm open to other suggestions too! :)

ryandamartini
07-17-2009, 01:54 PM
theres so many good options on this site.

Another good one is amazing roll off.

Rsurfer
07-17-2009, 02:41 PM
theres so many good options on this site.

Another good one is amazing roll off.+1 on ARO, be sure to wet tire before applying and watch the dressing and dirt roll off, Amazing.

nrengle
07-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Or you can get a cheap gallon of APC like ZEP Citrus degreaser or Simple Green. I used a teaspoon of that to 2 oz of car wash shampoo in my foam gun and it removed all LSP on the paint (had about 10 coats of wax on it), and all tire dressing.

I do like Amazing Roll Off though too. Good stuff when you're doing just tires and not stripping wax/sealant.

TMD
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
P21s - the Gel - is fantastic on rims where your just not 100% certain that a chemical like ARO will work without damaging it. The certainty of P21s not damaging the rim is why we have used it and will continue to use it.

On rubber tires alone ARO works very well, but you need to watch your rear that it doesn't fall onto the rim.

mbaledge
07-17-2009, 09:49 PM
+1 on ARO, be sure to wet tire before applying and watch the dressing and dirt roll off, Amazing.

Ah, I see what you did there... very good!!

Rsurfer
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
P21s - the Gel - is fantastic on rims where your just not 100% certain that a chemical like ARO will work without damaging it. The certainty of P21s not damaging the rim is why we have used it and will continue to use it.

On rubber tires alone ARO works very well, but you need to watch your rear that it doesn't fall onto the rim.
ARO on paint, should be mixed 1/2oz. per 1 gal of water.

Emile
07-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I have a 32oz quart of ARO, I should try using it!

These days, I personally like to use whatever is affordable, gets the job done, and is safe, so I typically end up using whatever wheel cleaner I select for the wheels and the tires. That being said, I think that ARO meets these criteria. It's clear-coat safe so it's fine if you accidentally spray on the rims or the paint. In fact, you can also use it as a wheel cleaner. $25 a gallon is very reasonable and some people on this forum dilute it 1:1.

I know that a lot of people use Meguiar's APC+ at 4:1 to clean up tires and that is a damn good value. I have a couple bottles of APC+ diluted at 4:1 but have yet to use them on tires or rims (I don't think I've used APC+ at 4:1 at all, to be honest). That's another safe, effective, and super-affordable way to clean up messy tires and no worries if you spray the rims. There are a lot of people out there who use APC+ 4:1 regularly as a wheel cleaner.

By the way, P21S TAW can clean tires nicely but it's a bit pricey. If money is not an issue, P21S TAW makes for a safe and effective tire, wheel, and wheel well cleaner.

tenorplayer23
07-17-2009, 11:23 PM
What do you play??? :)

Thx.

See ya. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

What would be a better choice for cleaning my tires: P21S Total Auto Wash or Griot's Garage Rubber Cleaner? I'm open to other suggestions too! :)

ScottB
07-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I rather like P21S TW for paint cleaning ... never really thought to use it on tires. Optimum Powerwash is another product nice and relatively cheap for tire cleaning and many other items in car care.

Emile
07-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I rather like P21S TW for paint cleaning ... never really thought to use it on tires. Optimum Powerwash is another product nice and relatively cheap for tire cleaning and many other items in car care.

Are you serious? It says to use P21S TAW as a tire cleaner and wheel well cleaner/degreaser right on the box. But then again, the box lists about 50 million different uses and is kind of vague so I keep an empty P21S TAW 1 liter box on my detailing rack so I can go back and refer to what I can do with Total Auto Wash.

ScottB
07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
read the boxes ?? That would be too darn easy. Next I'll have to actually read those manuals that come with all those video games my boys love. (smiles)

Emile
07-19-2009, 07:32 PM
It's okay killr, I forgive you. But I bet that's why your kids are always kicking your ass in those videogames!

mariejones
07-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Another option available in market just use auto detailing pressure washers for your tire cleaning. These are special pressure washers which use only for Auto Detailing (http://www.daimer.com/auto-detailing/) purpose. Using this pressure washers clean dirt, stain of your tires.

:righton:

See this Pressure washers Videos How it works

Pressure Washers with Steam in Action.

TheJazzGuy
07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! :D