PDA

View Full Version : Water Etching from Hell..

Sellncars
07-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

Well the story, the vehicle is my moms 2003 Toyota Camry, washed weekly, waxed twice a year. Was looking at it the other day after it's wash and noticed alot of water etching marks. So yesterday i clayed the hood, clay didn't touch it, tried the Dewalt Rotary and an Orange LC pad and some Meguiars M105, notta again. I was not a happy camper, so i got out the 2000 Grit sand paper and started wetsanding, Water spots all but dissappeared, what a pain in the rear. Is there any product out for bad water etching?

I'll get pictures of the trunk lid and the roof when i get ready to do them.

Thanks,
Sellncars

agpatel
07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Once they etch in there is nothing that can be done but compounding and/or wet sanding.

ryandamartini
07-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone,

Well the story, the vehicle is my moms 2003 Toyota Camry, washed weekly, waxed twice a year. Was looking at it the other day after it's wash and noticed alot of water etching marks. So yesterday i clayed the hood, clay didn't touch it, tried the Dewalt Rotary and an Orange LC pad and some Meguiars M105, notta again. I was not a happy camper, so i got out the 2000 Grit sand paper and started wetsanding, Water spots all but dissappeared, what a pain in the rear. Is there any product out for bad water etching?

I'll get pictures of the trunk lid and the roof when i get ready to do them.

Thanks,
Sellncars

Ouch, bad water etching is a real bear. I think it would be safe to recommend you look into the Klasse Twins for her car if it is only waxed twice a year.

Once they etch in there is nothing that can be done but compounding and/or wet sanding.

bad etching sucks.

Maknmony
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Ouch, bad water etching is a real bear. I think it would be safe to recommend you look into the Klasse Twins for her car if it is only waxed twice a year.

bad etching sucks.

Hey there,

Yes i just picked up the Klasse Paint Sealant, this was probably done some years ago, before this addiction. I have used the Wolfgang ( Original ) Paint Sealant and S100 over the last 2 years, but have not given the car a real good work over, before that it was just whatever was on sale OTC. I don't know how but i have 2 names on this forum. I will have to Get in touch with Meghan and eliminate one of them.

I don't mind wet sanding, but OEM paint jobs don't have alot of clear, so thank god for the paint meter. I hate water Etching.

Emile
07-17-2009, 10:59 PM
I guarantee you those water spot etchings are from a sprinkler.

Sellncars
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I guarantee you those water spot etchings are from a sprinkler.

Your correct, and I'm probably the ass to blame for it.