PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Applicators and Microfiber towels

CEE DOG
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I have purchased the Pinnacle microfiber wash and rejuv. for washing my microfiber towels. My question is how should I be washing the applicators that come with my Ultima system and also the foam applicators that I will use on my interior. Some will be used with 303 and some with lexol. Should I wash the Ultima applicators seperately? Are they machine wash? What about the Interior applicators? Seperate? machine wash or? I am thinking the interior applicators should just be soaked and cleaned and kept seperate to use only on what they were used for originally.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Rsurfer
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I would wash them seperately and use them for that purpose only, as you pointed out. Applicators are inexpensive so having a few won't break the bank. Same goes for your MF's. Wax/sealant removal towels should be washed seperately.

nrengle
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I generally seperate things into a few batches... Pads with pads, put on the delicate cycle after a soak in Dawn Power Dissolver or Snappy Clean. My good MF towels for wax, glaze, polish, clay lube, QD, and my drying towels all go in another batch, last batch is generally all my misc towels that are used for wheels, interior, engine, and the mitts that go with them.

Are your applicators foam or cloth, or combination?

CEE DOG
07-15-2009, 06:42 AM
I generally seperate things into a few batches... Pads with pads, put on the delicate cycle after a soak in Dawn Power Dissolver or Snappy Clean. My good MF towels for wax, glaze, polish, clay lube, QD, and my drying towels all go in another batch, last batch is generally all my misc towels that are used for wheels, interior, engine, and the mitts that go with them.

Are your applicators foam or cloth, or combination?

Mostly foam with one microfiber applicator that came with the Ultima PGP.

Meghan
07-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Wow you guys are good, I am lazy I wash the Microfiber towels and microfiber applicators together, when washing them the only thing I look for is if any applicator or towel is soiled excessively. If so I take and wash it in a bucket separately, getting most of the dirt and/or polish off before putting in the washer.
My Lake Country pads do get washed separately though, I know this past weekend I had several light cutting pads to wash that were caked with polish, those got thrown in a bucket to pre-soak!

nrengle
07-15-2009, 11:12 AM
What I would do then, is wash the foam applicators with your pads, and then MF applicator with your towels.