PDA

View Full Version : Wheels need Help!

tanninman
07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Any suggestions for neglected wheels? I have a friend with an 05 Monte Carlo, stock wheels, I think they are clear coated. Any way I promised to help clean them up & they look like they really need to be scrubbed, but with what that wont hurt the clear coat? My wheels never get like that so I know that spray ,agitate & rinse will not cut it. Thanks, Mike.

ScottB
07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
1. Poorboys Spray/Rinse (follow directions exactly, strong but relatively safe when used properly)

2. Polish with paint polishes (not metal)

3. Seal with DP Wheel Glaze or Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Gary Sword
07-15-2009, 06:27 AM
I would agree with killr on his 1-2 steps. If you polish the wheels try using a Mother's Powerball. I perfer just using a paint sealant on wheels. Duragloss 501 is very nice on wheels. DP Wheels Glaze is much to hard to remove IMO.

tanninman
07-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks Guys I will try the PB'S spray & I really like the DP WG, but for polish do you mean PB'S Pro Polish for example?

Blackfire
07-15-2009, 08:34 AM
What do you have in stock?

if you're going to place orders, I'd recommend Amazing Roll Off for tires, wheels, wheel wells, and a ton of other household uses.

Emile
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
P21S Gel! It's (DELETED) expensive but it's super safe and super effective!

If you want to do it by hand, Mothers PowerMetal Aluminum will definitely get rid of anything and everything. Skip the PowerBall and just apply it by hand so you get the most cleaning power.