PDA

View Full Version : 303 Aerosopce PROTECTANT

Pages : [1] 2

CEE DOG
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Any comments about 303 Aerosopce Protectant???
I am going to use it on my interior Dashboard, Vinyl, and Plastic as well as my headlights and taillights.

Thanks in advance!

Meghan
07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I love 303, its about the best thing for protecting dash and other interior surfaces, I have not heard of anyone using it on tail lights. Nice thing about 303 besides the UV protection, is its water based and does not leave a greasy residue behind.

hondajake
07-14-2009, 04:55 PM
It doesn't have a smell which is nice for those who are sensetive to smell. Sometimes I think that it can leave some vinyl too fake looking... Like tire covers.

Garry Dean
07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
303 is a wonderful product as far as piece of mind and UV protection goes, but it has a tendency to streak if you use too much. It has a smooth clean look witout extra shine and greasiness. I have a gallon that I don't use anymore, but when I did I would dilute it 3:1 with water to cut down on the streaking.

I personally prefer Optimum Protectant plus. Its MUCH cheaper and gives awesome UV protection and a little shine without the bling bling wet look.

Both are good, it just comes down to which look you prefer.

ScottB
07-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Great product and certainly can be used in many places, even under the hood on lines and rubber surrounds. It does leave a heavy matte look and offers a great UV protectant.

RTexasF
07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
303 is a mainstay for me. You must remember to wipe it off after applying it to avoid the "too shiney look" and possible streaks on the interior.

wytstang
07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
I personally prefer Optimum Protectant plus. Its MUCH cheaper and gives awesome UV protection and a little shine without the bling bling wet look.

I agree I switched over to OPP for the same reasons, now that it has a light leather smell it makes it even more of a joy to use.

Erik Mejia
07-15-2009, 12:45 AM
IMHO you can't beat 303 Aerospace, or Meguiar's M40.

Gary Sword
07-15-2009, 06:11 AM
I find it to be streaky at times. I hate products that streak.

SRHTX
07-15-2009, 07:06 AM
I will be using it today, or tomorrow, on one of my main clinets MB S55. It needs a bath, inside & out, pretty darn badly. :righton:

Emile
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
It is streaky on clear plastics, so stay away from using it on those surfaces, such as headlights, tail lights, and the plastic window which shows your gauges.

I do find it to be quite long-lasting on the interior and I like how I can control the gloss during application. For low gloss, I just spray it onto a microfiber towel and then start applying it to the interior of the vehicle. For high gloss, I spray it onto a cotton or microfiber applicator pad quite thoroughly, and then just try to apply an even coat on the interior.

Either way, Einszett Cockpit Premium is still my go-to interior cleaner and protectant.

DoubleO
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
303 is a mainstay for me. You must remember to wipe it off after applying it to avoid the "too shiney look" and possible streaks on the interior.

X2

Used it for the first time yesterday on my Black Dash and I was disappointed at first, thought it was very streaky on some of the smooth black plastic I have. But after smoothly wiping it again while it was drying it came out really great. I just love how the car is looking right now a few days later.

Thought it was overpriced after first applying it but I am a believer now.

Chris27182
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I was not impressed with it the first time I used it. Then I realized the black switches in my car were still had the matte finish weeks after I applied 303. Its got great long term life

Emile
07-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Yeah, the durability is awesome. Directions on the bottle say to re-apply every 3-4 weeks for the best performance out of the product, but on interior vehicle surfaces it can protect for months. And it's cool because if you don't want it anymore, an interior cleaner will get it off without any problems.

Bunky
07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
I find it to be streaky at times. I hate products that streak.

I notice the same thing. I cannot say it is bad or good from a UV perspective but on exterior plastics it needs some TLC to get an even look