PDA

View Full Version : Klasse sealant curing

korny351
07-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm new to the game and have a concern about the cure time for Klasse sealant. From what I've read it's best to let the sealant set for 8 to 12 hours before wiping down but I don't have the luxury of a garage to shield it from the elements overnight. Once the sealant is applied will it be safe from dust and other contaminants or will they bond with the sealant as it cures? Basic question but a concern, as any vehicle left in my drive overnight is normally covered in a light coating of dust by morning. Should I be looking for another product under these conditions?

nrengle
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
You don't wait 8 to 12 hours to buff it off, you do wait 8 to 12 hours to apply another coat. I'm not sure how long most wait to buff off KSG, but I believe it's around 45 minutes...

Harleyguy
07-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Most of the sealants i have used have a 30 to 45 min cure time before you buff it off.If the car is left ouside make sure that there isn't any dust or dirt left on it before you apply the second coat.

korny351
07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry. Guess I misread the tutorial. Thought they were referring to cure time not time between coats. Thanks for the clarification.

02nissanISR
07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I have the klasse as well its only 15 min to buff I waited longer and had to do the recommended water sprits to get it off nice stuff but can be temperamental.

02nissanISR
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM
i stand corrected the instructions that came with the forum favorite kit says at least 20 min dry time and the longer it dries the easier it is to take off. sorry for the mis info it was my first time using it and i guess i didn't wait long enough. it does say if you have any trouble taking it off to do a light sprits with water. that does work. at least i was right about something :-)

ScottB
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Heres the best way to deal with Klasse SG:

1. Transfer small amount to travel size spray bottle
2. Spritz panel once or twice
3. Immediately buff into paint with MF towel
4. Flip and buff off ...
5. Any hard spots, respritz and immediately buff off

allow 8-24 hours outside of water as possible to allow sealant to cure fully. Its darn near bulletproof at that time !

korny351
07-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the input. In the online tutorial it says :

Tip: Let High Gloss Sealant Glaze set on your vehicle for as long as possible. At least 8 to 12 hours is recommended. Remember, the best things come to those who wait!

I read it out of context and misinterpreted.
sounds like you've all saved me much grief. Thanks to one and all.