PDA

View Full Version : Which car wash?

CEE DOG
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
I am starting the Ultima system and will be washing with the ultima wash before prepping and sealing.
Question is after it is sealed which wash is best to use out of the 2 I have? I have the Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and the Ultima Paint Gaurd wash. Which is better and why? I would think I should keep with the same Ultima line for compatibility but I have read some posts that say Ultima wash is harsh. Does anybody know the facts?

Thanks in advance!

Blackfire
07-13-2009, 08:49 PM
The Ultima labels describes it as "gentle".

This amazing car wash is so gentle it won't remove even the most delicate waxes,

The Megs Gold Class is a very good shampoo and conditioner. I use it and the Megs Shampoo Plus.

Comparing the two and the pricing, the Megs for about $10 per gallon, versus $14 per 22 ounces of Ultima. Megs is my choice.

Rsurfer
07-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Get on the ONR bandwagon.

CEE DOG
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Can the ONR really be that great of a wash when it is multipurpose?
I am going to be using it for clay lubricant and maybe QD but seems like the dedicated wash would be better for washing. Do you have some testing or resoning on it being a great wash. I have noticed tons of people are talking about it.

Blackfire
07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
After I use up Lake Erie, I will ONR..LOL

ONR is fine for water restriction areas.

I'd rather rinse away the dirt from my black cars.

Some guys use ONR along with their other soaps. If so, what's the savings? If you mix ONR with a car wash soap, it becomes a must rinse product and only adds dollars to the wash which you will dump down the drain. That's not good business sense, and defeats the purpose of ONR.

I'd rather spend more money on higher end sealants, waxes and equipment than a soap.

If ONR was the "right way" AGO wouldn't offer other products. :D

Megs Gold Class and Shampoo Plus can also be the lubricant for claying. No magic required when claying, just a slippery, washed surface.

GMC83
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
M62

ScottB
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
I rather like the Ultima wash, its suds last and only gripe is it could use a little more lubrication. It has a masculine scent like Dial soap too.

loudog2
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
After I use up Lake Erie, I will ONR..LOL

ONR is fine for water restriction areas.

I'd rather rinse away the dirt from my black cars.

:iagree:If Lake Michigan goes dry, I'll use ONR other than in the winter. Call me old fashion. But, I enjoy going out to wash the cars with a mitt, hose and 2 buckets. I really enjoy the pressure washer and foam cannon also.:D

Rsurfer
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
"Blackfire
Senior Member Some guys use ONR along with their other soaps. If so, what's the savings? If you mix ONR with a car wash soap, it becomes a must rinse product and only adds dollars to the wash which you will dump down the drain. That's not good business sense, and defeats the purpose of ONR."

They use ONR as a lubricator and to prevent water spotting.

"If ONR was the "right way" AGO wouldn't offer other products."

ONR is the right way, but it's not the only way.

Blackfire
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
I have a heated garage. Winter washing is just like spring washing, 55 degrees. :)

Shampoo Plus is very slick and never leaves water spots on my cars. Proper rinsing barely leaves any water on the paint.

Rsurfer
07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I have a heated garage. Winter washing is just like spring washing, 55 degrees. :)

Shampoo Plus is very slick and never leaves water spots on my cars. Proper rinsing barely leaves any water on the paint.
That's a great plus. Even more so, you shoiuld be using ONR. No dirty rinse water on your floor.

tenorplayer23
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Very good point; can wash the car indoors if you want to reduce the mess (whether, raining outside, cold outside, water restrictions or just more convenient) and have the Optimum Car Wash for outdoor use, if you want to do a more conventional wash under the sky! Just my opinion :)

See ya..

That's a great plus. Even more so, you shoiuld be using ONR. No dirty rinse water on your floor.

Blackfire
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Perhaps some of you have never seen a garage floor in mid-January. It can use a good car wash soap and rinse!

Salt, oily road grime and melted dirty slush. Why would I want to ONR while walking through that mess on the floor?

I'm staying with conventional car washing (until Congress outlaws it). It's much more enjoyable for me.:)

Going out to wash my daughter's van. See ya!