PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about M105

Pages : [1] 2

zinc02gt
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
So I've seen the M105/M205 combo alot around here and alot in other places. My main qustion is, is it safe and user friendly for a PC7424?

I see most of the guys that use the M105/M205 combo use a rotary buffer and use the M105 with a wool pad then follow up with the M205.

Also, does the M205 dust alot? How does the M105/M205 combo compare to the XMT Series and would the Menzerna line compare?

Rsurfer
07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Yes you can use a pc with the 105/205. Meg's 105/205 is much bettter than the XMT line. Menz can be a little finicky at times.

zinc02gt
07-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I have heard that Menzerna likes to dust ALOT, but when used right and in the right hands almost nothing compares. I guess the same can be said about alot of the products out though.

I will definately look into the M105/M205 combo after I run out of the XMT. I've got about 1/2 bottle of most of the stuff left so it won't be too long.

'Preciate the help man.

With the M105, would you use a wool, yellow, or orange pad or would the pad choice just vary upon how bad the condition of the paint is?

ScottB
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
105 should be used with care, and following the directions just as with all products especially polishes. Remember this product offers non-diminishing abrasives and rates quite high on the cutting chart. If you use with care, you should find another nice product just like the Menzerna polishes (this product line uses diminishing abrasives, thus breaking down over its use).

zinc02gt
07-13-2009, 06:37 PM
105 should be used with care, and following the directions just as with all products especially polishes. Remember this product offers non-diminishing abrasives and rates quite high on the cutting chart. If you use with care, you should find another nice product just like the Menzerna polishes.

I had read that in a few searches I did. I'll use a little bit on an old vehicle we have before I touch anything else. I used the same vehicle to test the XMT stuff as well.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
The Megs twins work just fine with the pc and you should not have any problems with them. They are pad dependent. SO if you start off with a polishing pad you are going to get less cut then say with a an orange pad on your pc. The only drawback I see with 205 is that it needs to be followed up with something like UF or 85rd.

zinc02gt
07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
'preciate the help guys. I will be looking into this some more when the time comes for new stuff.

CakeDaddy
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
The Megs twins work just fine with the pc and you should not have any problems with them. They are pad dependent. SO if you start off with a polishing pad you are going to get less cut then say with a an orange pad on your pc. The only drawback I see with 205 is that it needs to be followed up with something like UF or 85rd.

The M205 is :awesome:perfect, so why would one follow it with another finishing or micor polish.

I can understand following the M105 with a Menz85rd, but I'm not understanding the method behind following one finishing polish with another.

ryandamartini
07-24-2009, 05:32 PM
The M205 is :awesome:perfect, so why would one follow it with another finishing or micor polish.

I can understand following the M105 with a Menz85rd, but I'm not understanding the method behind following one finishing polish with another.

Some finishes just need another step.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-24-2009, 05:52 PM

M205 is a very nice product but it does not finish down as nice as UF, 85rd or Scholls S40. M205 is a very nice clean up product, but needs to be followed up. I would not say 205 is perfect, maybe in some eyes but I always make sure the finish has the best depth, gloss, and clarity and 205 does not provide that. I can see were some would think 205 is a good stopping point but not for customers, I am there to provide them with the best finish period and that is why I always follow up 205 with one of the above finishing polishes.

My method will be different than most and that is why my finishes are going to be better than most. That extra step/effort is what makes the difference between someone who is just average or who wants to be on top of the game. It also has to do on how your work your compound and polishes. Just like two chefs, give them the same ingredients and one is going to taste better than the other. It is all about providing the best product for my customers, that is why I take no short cuts and that is why it might take me a few more hours than most, but I know the customers are getting the best finish possible.

CakeDaddy
07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
This is why I love this forum! We have so many great products out there and so many different opinion of each one. I respect your take on the Menz85rd vs. M205, but I’m still digging the finish of the M205, especially on dark cars and in my opinion it cleans up very well. I have a small sample of the 85rd & 87MC and I still prefer the M205. I've done magic with the M205 alone without the use of the M105. I must say that the Menz SIP/IP is one of my favs over the 105, but that is another topic. Menz85rd is a great finishing polish, but I'm stuck on the results that the M205 pumps out. There is almost no right and wrong answer here. It all comes down to personal preference or...... can I just say it's all subjective? <--rhetorical question

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I will agree some things are subjective but as far as 205 goes there are several other top guys that agree that it needs to be followed up for the best finish you possibly can get. I will say 205 does work very well and alot of people will feel there is no need to go any further but you are still leaving a little on the table if it is not followed up. I even spoke with a Megs rep and told him if they could put that little something from UF in 205 then I wouldn't have to follow it up. He even came by and saw the difference after I did a few cars for him.

CakeDaddy
07-25-2009, 07:54 AM
I even spoke with a Megs rep and told him if they could put that little something from UF in 205 then I wouldn't have to follow it up. He even came by and say the difference after I did a few cars for him.

Hmmm...OK. Lets see if Megs will step up to the plate to make it better. Im all for that.

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I know they are working on a few more products that are suppose to be just as good as 105 and 205.

santov
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Has any body done this order of products?

M105
M205
followed by Megs D151

Also, have you used a Flex with what pads?

I'm on the fence with M105/205 versus Menz SIP/Nano. Or howabout M205 with a LCC white pad followed by LCC blue pad? Could a less aggressive pad stand in for a third product?

Looking forward to insight!:buffing: