PDA

View Full Version : First detail: A few questions before I start

Ack
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
I just got my order in from AutoGeek and I'm ready to get started. I'm cleaning and waxing my new silver 2010 Toyota Tundra. It's pretty clean, but not perfect since I had to drive it around for a few days while waiting for my AutoGeek order to come in. I'll be doing everything by hand, I don't have a buffer.

I'm very new at all this and could use all the help and advice I can get. Here's the process I plan to use. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated:

--Hose off the entire truck, wash with Meguiars gold car soap using lambs wool mitt and 2-bucket method with grit guards. Hose off soap and dry with microfiber towels.

--Apply Klasse AIO using Wolfgang Polishing Pal white pad ( Wolfgang Polishin’ Pal is an ergonomically shaped urethane handle that holds specially designed foam pads using hooks & loops. (http://www.autogeek.net/polishing-pal.html) ), wipe off AIO with MF towel immediately after applying (wipe it off as I go, not allowing it any time to dry or set in).

--Immediately after Klasse AIO, apply Collinite 845 using Wolfgang Polishing Pal red pad (see link above), buffing off immediately with a MF towel as I apply (wipe it off as I go, not allowing it any time to dry).

--Let the Collinite cure for at least an hour, possibly overnight if it's getting too late, then apply a 2nd coat of Collinite 845.

So, that's my planned process and any suggestions or changes would be great.

I also have a few more specific questions:

--Is it ok to apply the Klasse AIO and Collinite when the temperature outside is 90+ degrees as long as the truck is in the shade and the metal is warm but not hot to the touch?

--Should I apply the Klasse AIO and Collinite to all of the following: Windshield, windows, chrome, headlights and tail lights, aluminum wheels, black plastic door handles and other trim? Is there anything in that list that I should NOT apply the AIO or Collinite to?

Thanks!