PDA

View Full Version : Method of Application?

CEE DOG
07-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Please help on any of this you can!
Car: Chili Pepper Red Saturn Sky Redline
I will be Sealing etc. my car for the first time.
Please let me know if the plan shown below sounds good.
Am I missing any steps?
My specific questions are at the bottom.
Protection of Paint is #1 priority (Looks are secondary)

PLAN:
1.-Use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover & Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad as needed on bug spots and tar spots.
2.-Wash with Ultima wash.
3.-Clay as needed with Optimum No Rinse for lubricant & Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay.
4.-Rinse
5.-Dry with Sonus Der Wunder Microfiber Drying Towel
4.-Ultima Paint Prep Plus. (Hand apply)
5.-Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel
6.-Ultima Paint Guard Plus
7.-Wait 24+ hours
8.-Ultima Paint Guard Plus
9.-Wait 24+ hours
10.-Ultima Paint Guard Plus
11.-Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel
12.-Apply 303 Aerospace Protectant to Headlights and Rear window.
13.-Ultima Detail Spray Plus w/ Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel

Questions:
1.-Will my Ultima Paint Prep Plus do what I need as far as cleaning so I don't have to do any of that washing with Dawn which I don't really like the sound of?
2.-Should I wash after waiting 24+ hours between steps 6, 8, and 10? I am pretty sure I should...
3.-From what I've read I don't see any big votes of confidence for Ultima Detail Spray Plus except for directly after washing. Please recomend the safest compatible Detail spray for during the week when I get a bug splat or bird craps on the front. Also a compatible quick spray wax for when I have to clean a bug splat.
4.-Is Optimum no Rinse a good lubricant for the claying
Thanks to everybody for your time! I know I'm asking a lot here!

TObleRONE
07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Am I missing any steps?

PLAN:
1.-Use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover & Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad as needed on bug spots and tar spots.
3.-Clay as needed with Optimum No Rinse for lubricant & Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay.
4.-Rinse
7.-Wait 24+ hours
9.-Wait 24+ hours

Questions:
1.-Will my Ultima Paint Prep Plus do what I need as far as cleaning so I don't have to do any of that washing with Dawn which I don't really like the sound of?
2.-Should I wash after waiting 24+ hours between steps 6, 8, and 10? I am pretty sure I should...
3.-From what I've read I don't see any big votes of confidence for Ultima Detail Spray Plus except for directly after washing. Please recomend the safest compatible Detail spray for during the week when I get a bug splat or bird craps on the front. Also a compatible quick spray wax for when I have to clean a bug splat.

1.With the supplies available on Autogeek, it's not really necessary to use Dawn.

2. UPGP requires 12 hours of cure time, so you can actually apply 2 coats per 24 hr. period.

3. I haven't used Ultima Detail Spray Plus, can't help you there.

4. ONR is a great and very economical clay lube.

5. Good Luck!

ryandamartini
07-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Am I missing any steps?

PLAN:
4.-Rinse
7.-Wait 24+ hours
9.-Wait 24+ hours

Questions:

You have given me a mouthful to process and answer! But I will hop on it!:

1) You want the best protection possible. You can also have looks with that as well! You do not need to wash with dawn! Also I am not quite sure about Ultima products on some fronts.. If you are applying by hand, I would strongly consider Poorboys SSR1 applied with a hand applicator (white hand polishing pad by LC) It cleans well and leaves a damn nice shine even by hand if you have some elbow grease.

So you would Wash->Dry->Clay->PB SSR1->Seal

2) When you decide to seal the car, make arrangements to make sure its stationary and under cover from the elements for 12-24 hours. No need to keep washing it.

3) As far as bird bombs and wiping crud off the paint, I would recommend DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss. It is great for cleaning lightly dirty cars and will lube up bombs very well to be wiped off safely.
DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

For a quick detailer, this depends on what your final sealant option will be. For your sealant, I would go with the Klasse Twins. The Klasse system is a true acrylic layer of protection that will last from 6-12 months easy. Best for protection which you said was your number 1 priority.
Klasse Kit, klasse car kit, klasse car care kit (http://www.autogeek.net/klassekit.html)

With this, I would recommend you top it with a carnauba wax. That is a pretty car you are driving. You can show it off and protect! Let Klasse be the underlaying protection and I would recommend topping with DP MaxWax or Pinnacle SIgnature Series II.

My favorite detailing spray is Pinnacle Crystal Mist or DP Final Gloss bar none.

4) ONR is very good for clay lubricant diluted properly. Its also good for washing when cold out! ^^