PDA

View Full Version : Flex History

Pages : [1] 2

02nissanISR
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM
For those of you like me who have never heard of Flex power tools except on this forum here is a brief history. I did this research while making my decision on wether or not to buy one. By the way ultimately I did, placed my order today (lk603vvb) ENJOY:buffing:

The company known as Flex has had a somewhat tumultuous history. Although production and manufacturing have remained constant, the company has changed hands numerous times. The company began as an entity called Ackermann & Schmitt and eventually adopted the Flextool name. They developed a strong reputation for producing quality power tools for the European market before eventually joining with Flex Porter-Cable, a well-known U.S. tool producer based in Jackson, Tennessee.

Under its partnership with Porter-Cable, which maintained the manufacturing facility in Steinheim, Germany, continuing to sell Flex brand tools, the group created many innovative tool designs including the first helical drive circular saw and the TigerClaw saw with adjustable head.

In 1996, Pentair Tools Group purchased Flextool along with Porter-Cable, and Pentair sold the companies to Black & Decker in October of 2004.

Throughout its history, Flextool, in conjunction with Porter-Cable produced a line of power tools that includes several types of grinders/polishers, wet edge milling machines, drills for natural stone, core drills and rigs, dust extractors, angle grinders, metal surface treatment tools and an array of accessories for all of its different tools.

ScottB
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
interesting indeed ...

Kevin Brown
07-13-2009, 01:59 AM
:whs: Thanks!

2003 GMC Denali
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
So Flex is actually owned by DeWalt, now ?

DeWalt and Black & Decker owns Porter Cable who owned Flex.

Did I get that right ?

tenorplayer23
07-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Sounds right.....appears by the changes in ownership that the revenues from FLEX sales actually roll-up to B&D as the parent, even though it's a German operated division. Nice - can we therefore assume that while FLEX is made in Germany, the paper trail comes back to a US company, therefore making purchasing a FLEX an effort to support American commerce?? :applause:

Now, if that's true.....it's a good thing!

See ya. :)

ryandamartini
07-16-2009, 09:38 AM
For those of you like me who have never heard of Flex power tools except on this forum here is a brief history. I did this research while making my decision on wether or not to buy one. By the way ultimately I did, placed my order today (lk603vvb) ENJOY:buffing:

The company known as Flex has had a somewhat tumultuous history. Although production and manufacturing have remained constant, the company has changed hands numerous times. The company began as an entity called Ackermann & Schmitt and eventually adopted the Flextool name. They developed a strong reputation for producing quality power tools for the European market before eventually joining with Flex Porter-Cable, a well-known U.S. tool producer based in Jackson, Tennessee.

Under its partnership with Porter-Cable, which maintained the manufacturing facility in Steinheim, Germany, continuing to sell Flex brand tools, the group created many innovative tool designs including the first helical drive circular saw and the TigerClaw saw with adjustable head.

In 1996, Pentair Tools Group purchased Flextool along with Porter-Cable, and Pentair sold the companies to Black & Decker in October of 2004.

Throughout its history, Flextool, in conjunction with Porter-Cable produced a line of power tools that includes several types of grinders/polishers, wet edge milling machines, drills for natural stone, core drills and rigs, dust extractors, angle grinders, metal surface treatment tools and an array of accessories for all of its different tools.

You will LOVE your VVB! I know I love mine! :cheers:

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks ryandamartini your review helped a lot I'm chomping at the bit right now, it should arrive in the next hour or so. Cant wait. :righton: :buffing:

ryandamartini
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks ryandamartini your review helped a lot I'm chomping at the bit right now, it should arrive in the next hour or so. Cant wait. :righton: :buffing:

Best start washing down the car! :D

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 09:52 AM
You make an excellent point the wife's car will be first victim... I mean test subject :-D

loudog2
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
You make an excellent point the wife's car will be first victim... I mean test subject :-D
I always use my girlfriends car as the test car. She's just happy it is always clean.

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
absolutely my wife's car was the first on i did with my pc pinnacle advanced swirl remover. that took forever but came out nice . yup she was happy too/Users/ianrollins1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover:Klasse AIO/IMG_3230.JPG/Users/ianrollins1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover:Klasse AIO/IMG_3226.JPG/Users/ianrollins1/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover:Klasse AIO/IMG_3229.JPG

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
ok tried to show pics but that didnt work ive never been good at this stuff :(

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
absolutely my wife's car was the first on i did with my pc pinnacle advanced swirl remover. that took forever but came out nice . yup she was happy too

02nissanISR
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
ha ha he can be taught

ryandamartini
07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
I might be polishing my camry today as well. It hasnt seen any polishing love in a while.