PDA

View Full Version : Quick Disconnects

Blackfire
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
What brand of Quick Disconnects is sold here at AGO?

I just returned $50 worth (5 sets) of Gilmour brass hose and attachment connectors to the hardware store because every connection leaked.

I am so tired of the global trading impact on quality parts. :rolleyes:

agpatel
07-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I got some from Target and they have no issues and have been running strong for few months now.

VISITOR
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
my experience has been different, all the gilmour quick disconnects i've used have worked without any problems/issues and i've used many different brands. i believe the quick disconnects that AG sells with/without the foam guns are the gilmour brand as well...

rwisejr
07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I get mine from Home depot and Walmart . Never an Issue

Blackfire
07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I tried HD here. The do not have the shut-off disconnects.

I found a USA Made brand. I ordered them. Less expensive with 5 year warranty.

ScottB
07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I rather like the Dramm ones and hope to see them here someday. The Dramm 300 shutoff never leaks and drop on ground several times every weekend (smiles).

Blackfire
07-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I rather like the Dramm ones and hope to see them here someday. The Dramm 300 shutoff never leaks and drop on ground several times every weekend (smiles).

That's the brand I'm talking about!! Less expensive than the imports with a leakproof warranty. I also ordered the Touch n Flow Pro Valve that delivers 11 gallons per minute to use for the final rinse.

Emile
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I can tell you guys that I got all my Quick Connect hose adapters from Autogeek and they are all working great so far.

tenorplayer23
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Bought all my quick-disconnects, shut-off vales @ Lowes (Gilmour). Not a leak, all work fine.........They had a varfiety to choose from, but elected to get the brass ones. The hose shut-offs, also Gilmour were the high flow variety (gray, zinc cast w/valve, not the brass with step down diameter internally). They work fine, as well. One thing that didn't impress me though was the "assembly" of the SO valves. If you looked at how the valve turned internally, some didn't appear to open all the way. BTW, the shut-offs were more than the quick disconnects (the QD male/female combo were about 6 bucks for the set - not bad).

See ya :)

awheeler3296
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Home Depot and Lowes is where mine came from and I have had no issues.

BenzDetailer
07-15-2009, 07:18 PM
If you get away from the Brass and go back to plastic you will find they last longer! The ones with the oring near the end of the male fitting are the best - Orange & Gray or Dark Green & Black !

InTheBuff
07-15-2009, 08:03 PM
If you get away from the Brass and go back to plastic you will find they last longer! The ones with the oring near the end of the male fitting are the best - Orange & Gray or Dark Green & Black !

I believe those are made by a german company called Gardena.